Quarter Vinitsa

Hi, now I am living in Varna- Vinitsa, and I am looking for some friends who are speaking english or german.

We can learn from each others language.

warm regards
Gigi

Hi Gigi,

Vinitza is a lovely area.  It is on the outskirts of Varna city but has a lot of facilities.  There is a big supermarket in the area as well as some shops.  There are a mixture of old houses and new modern apartment buildings.  Many of which have lovely sea views. 

There are a few buses which travel into the centre of Varna (about every 15 mins throughout the day).

The only problem I can think of is that some of the roads in the area are not paved (tarred) so in the winter it can be a problem to get to the main roads when the roads are icy or there is a lot of snow - it tends to get really muddy!

Otherwise I really love the area.

Hi Gigi,

I have introduced your topic as a new tread on the Varna forum as it was off topic on the other discussion. ;)

Gigi, you know you can use google maps right? It is quite close, by bike it is only 15 min max. By walk (not suggesting it) at least an hour, but depending of your start location.

I lived in Vinitsa for two years and I absolutely adore it. You have every convenience in a modern/traditional village.

Vinitsa is about 2 km from Cherno More and I walked it on many occasions on cooler days. I could see the Sea from the front of my flat and the surrounding hills.

I would give my left arm to be back there permanently. Stateside now and have been "depressed" ever since leaving Vinitsa.

The bus system runs on time and will take you to Varna Centre in 20 minutes for 1 lev.

Enjoy your time there, I certainly did and will return there one day, heaven willing.

Gigi, that is exactly what it is. Ten times over and even when it rains or snows! :)

Horrible New York...

I would love to return and may have to wait until I retire (not too far away), so yes, I do believe I will return to Vinitsa in the not so distant future.

Thank you, Gigi. We had a great deal of rain, falling branches and high winds, but thankfully, no damage at all.

I used First Investment Bank

They are located here and very convenient to get to. Good shopping, bazaars, vets, restaurants, post office, etc... are within the same area. The No. 31 bus stops right there as well.

You may be somewhat disappointed with finding a church. I went to the Bulgarian Orthodox church (directly behind the linked bank above - you can see it on the map @ Sv. Atanasiy Church), but only to be on "hallowed ground".

The surrounding hills, mixed with the view of Cherno More and the sky will provide your church. :)

Also, many of the people below 30 are quite spiritual in nature and fellowship will not be too difficult to find or they will find you. The people with whom I shared the closest spiritual bond were "found accidentally".

Keep in mind the proverb, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Keep yourself open and you will find good fellowship.

Leah

P.S. If the USA Social Security Administration does not run out of money (or continue to raise the retirement age), I am looking at 5 to 6 years. :(

First time in my life I wanted to be older quickly!

I lived on Atanasiy in the purple building! It has to be the same place! The bank is on the ground floor and the owner's name is Petar. The church is directly behind the building. :)

God bless you, too!
Leah

Hi, Vinitsa is located on the outskirts of Varna. You have around 2 km. to the sea. If you have a car you will need 10minutes to get to St. Constantine and Helena, where is the sea. There are regular buses from 06.00a.m. to 11.00pm each 15-20 minutes. If you want to go to the beach with a bus there is a bus number 31A which will take you to the resort but it runs maybe each 2-3 hours. You have to check. Vinisa was a former village and nowadays it is turned into a quarter of Varna so don't expect anything there. There are only 2-3 shops, as well as 2 restaurants and several cafes.

Tamara23 wrote:

Hi, Vinitsa is located on the outskirts of Varna. You have around 2 km. to the sea. If you have a car you will need 10minutes to get to St. Constantine and Helena, where is the sea. There are regular buses from 06.00a.m. to 11.00pm each 15-20 minutes. If you want to go to the beach with a bus there is a bus number 31A which will take you to the resort but it runs maybe each 2-3 hours. You have to check. Vinisa was a former village and nowadays it is turned into a quarter of Varna so don't expect anything there. There are only 2-3 shops, as well as 2 restaurants and several cafes.

Yes, Vinitsa is a village, but you obviously have not been there for quite some time! There is even a hospital within walking distance of the main street. There are dozens of shops there as well as a bazaar with another dozen or so shops.

Maybe you should drive (or take the bus) up there to see how convenient it is. The only reason I went down to Varna was to visit friends.

Gigi44 wrote:

Hi Leah,

I wrote a message on Expat.com to you with my e mail addree in it, please could you delite my message because of my e mail address. I get so many weird messages, because the women   think I am a man.

Thank you.

Gigi

Post deleted. Maybe if you changed your avatar to be pink instead of blue it wouldn't confuse the women!! :lol:

I also asked for your post to be deleted with the email address.

Love,
Leah :)

Hi guys, I've received a report, but I didn't get everything. Has Gigi's email been deleted ?

Hi Julien,

Yes. I deleted the quote I made and Gigi's post is gone as well. Thank you.

Hi gigi
we (myself,wife,and nine year old son)  have an apartment in vinitsa where we live during the summer,we are back home in uk at the moment but plan to return end of july till sept, we have met a few english speaking people in vinitsa but would welcome meeting some more.
Regards
brian

Hi,we (me,wife and nine year old son) have an apartment in vinitsa near varna,we would welcome the chance to meet other english speaking families who live around the area _ we have just returned back to uk after two week break but plan to return for more sunshine in july till sept.
regards
brian

Give my love to Vinitsa when you go back in July. :)

Looks like Gigi deleted all her posts and I don't know if she is still in Vinitsa. I'm still in hot, humid, ugly, yuckie New York. Looking forward to returning to Vinitsa in less than a year's time.

Weird :).I'm a local and I've always wanted to go to NY or Chicago.

It is true what they say that the grass is always greener on the other side..... One thing for sure the weather is certainly sunnier in vinitsa during the summer than england ! Also we agree with LMB vinitsa is a lovely place and has a lot going for it.