Children in Alicante

We will be moving from USA to Alicante with our children. Where is a good family town with international schools close by and apartments to rent on the sea? We would like to meet families with children in safe environment. Our children sail and play golf. This is new to us and any help is much appreciated.

Hello Phoenixmom and welcome to Expat.com!

You should take a look at our participative guide life in Spain, there may be articles which will be helpful to you.

For the accommodation, you should post an advert in the Alicante classifieds.

I hope that other members will advise you too.

Harmonie.:)

Hi
The European School is in Playa de San Juan a suburb of Alicante city with a good tram system.  They teach in Spanish, English, French or German you can look for rentals and sales in English on the idealista web site.  There are beach front apartments and large town houses overlooking the golf course just a 10 minute drive from the beach, there's a sailing club at the Albufreta beach which is also a 10 minute drive from the school.
The other "English School" is run by Kings Collage and is closer to the airport.  The tram doesn't run that side of the city and there isn't much housing around there so you would need to drive.  I understand that there are other 'English Schools', one in Mutxamel and one towards Benidorm but I don't know those areas.
Good luck with your move.

Hi we are Spanish-English fammily. Our daughter is 4 years old talks Spanish and English. We are now looking for English friends to play with and talk.
If there is an English family in the area, with a child or children in the age betwen 3-5-6 who would like to play with our daughter please contact us.

Hello mtmoreno.

Welcome to Exoat Blog!

This thread is dated 2011.

I suggest you to start a new thread on the Alicante forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi! We are now living in Alicante, in the city Center. I m looking for other families around as I m also looking for English speaking babies. My little one is 9 months old but he adores playing with other kids, even older. If you want we can meet sometimes in the park next to corte ingles?
Cheers!

@ Sandy Dangelo > Just to inform you that this thread is very old, please feel free to participate on more recent topics to communicate more easily with members.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi! Take a look at King's College Alicante, well knows British School in the city, very accessible by bus and car. The website is: http://alicante.kingscollegeschools.org/

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

John

Sandy, I will be moving in Sept and can meet up :)

Have you been successful contacting King's college? We are looking to relocate to Alicante from Madrid in September and am trying to reach them and ask if they have a place for my seven year old daughter, for year 3.  I guess they are still closed for summer holiday period.