Hi, any advice for expats on where to stay in KL?

I'm looking for housing in KL. Security is top on my list. Any advices on which areas of KL I can consider? Thanks.

I would say:
- Damansara Heights (also called Bukit Damansara)
- Mont Kiara
- Taman Tun Dr. Ismail (TTDI)

I would have liked to add Ampang, but not living there I don't know how things are nowadays...

Otherwise you should try to go for a gated community / appartment if security is your priority.

Thanks! thats helpful. Do you know the prices of rental in these areas and the type of communities that reside there?

Difficult to nail a price... You can find some rental for 1,500 RM a month and some go for 10 times this amount... The best is for you to check Malaysian Real Estate website to check the market:
thinkproperty.com.my
iproperty.com.my

In terms of community, those areas usually are for expats / cosmopolitan Malaysians. Some part of TTDI are very Malay as it is protected land.

hi,mont kiara is a good place to live, let see ... how much your budget, from 1k to 5k furnished or not in my hand have some unit to let also come to my blog have a look.

A lot of places are really nice in KL, Ampang is one of them (close to the city center, safe and green...). It depends where you are going to work and the time you want to spend in traffic (it can get really bad when it is raining...).
What I would suggest is, you first stay in a service residence for a couple of weeks (like lanson place or su casa...) and you see by yourself where you would like to live.