Moving to Saudi Arabia in August

Hello Everyone,

It looks like my husband and I are going to be moving to Saudi Arabia in August. I am originally from Taiwan and now living in the U.S. My husband is American. It looks like we will be about an hour away from Jeddah.

We have both done quite a bit of research on Saudi Arabia online, but were hoping to see if we could find out more here. We also would like to hear about first time experiences so we could prepare ourselves for the customs experience and culture shock further.

I am particularly interested in finding out about grocery shopping, because I like to prepare East Asian and Southern Asian food. Are there any markets or Asian/Chinese grocery stores in the area?

We would like to develop some contacts of anyone from mainland China or Taiwan in Saudi Arabia now too.

In addition, does anyone have some "do's and don'ts" and unexpected surprises that most people are unaware of the first trip over?

Thanks so much,
M

Hi Monica,

have you looked at the Saudi Arabia network page? You might find contacts there

All the best,

Julien

Thanks Julien. There's so much information here! Unfortunately, there are no other Chinese in KSA on expatblog at this time:( Well, I'm here now!

Thanks again,
Monica