Dog

Does anyone know what the regulations/requirements are for bringing my dog permanently into Honduras?

Hi gikate,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Good question! I hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Hi...Let me check. I try to give you an answer in the next few days. My husband's brother is lawyer and I could check it out for you.
What kind of dog do you have. I have bought a labrador (I do not know the word in English) just some weeks ago.
Where are you going to live in Honduras? I am currently living in Tegucigalpa. Our plan is to move to Roatan.
Eliane

HI I crossed border with my 2 dogs one month ago.Are you driving or flying?I had to pay fees which were a nominal amount.Sorry I donŽt remember.They wanted to see their shot records.It was easy.i will be here indefinetly but they did not ask regarding the dogs..Hope this helps

how often do you see dogs on the leash in honduras?...looks like it's ok to take the puppy with you...i just heard some other stories that you look kind of fancy if you have a dog on a lesh...

I just brought my pitbull into Honduras from the USA.  I made sure she was current on all her shots and I had all the paperwork to prove it.  At the border crossing I paid 15 dollars and that was it.  I did have a truck driver bring her down from the USA and I met him at the El Salvador, Honduran border crossing where I did all the paperwork.