Adjusting To Expat Life In The Philippines

In the United States and many other countries, when moving from one city to another or even one state to another 3,000 miles away it is not a big deal usually. The hardest part is just making a phone call to get the utilities turned on and maybe finding a grocery store close to your new residence.

Moving to the Philippines from the U.S. or another 1st world country can be the most challenging and also frustrating experience imaginable.

First there is at least a small measure of a language barrier and level of understanding. But if one exercises some patients and an interest in the “Pinoy” way of doing business it can be a good learning experience also.

Here the utility companies (water and power) have requirements such as proof of ownership or written consent of the property owner for service. Also there will be a deposit and or installation fee that is required before service is given.

Before buying or renting a house or apartment here it also pays to be sure there is no outstanding utility bill by a former owner or renter.
If there is an outstanding bill for water, power, or even cable TV at the address you have in mind, YOU are responsible for paying the bill before service will be granted.
There is no way around this anywhere in the country. So arguing with a provider will only tend to raise your blood pressure.

Another aspect of life made difficult here is banking. It's difficult and time consuming just to open an account at any bank.
Also, when making a withdrawal it requires you to go inside the bank to do so. And even though you might be the only customer in the bank, it sometimes can take up to two hours to get your money and be gone.

Most stores and other businesses do not accept credit cards. So it pays to have enough (well hidden) cash with you at all times.

Maybe I am just a slow learner; but it took me the better part of two years of living here to finally realize and accept that this is just the way it is and its not going to change.

These types of things really do never change or become any easier. It's just part of life here and a learn-as-you go-experience.

And in the end, who cares if it takes two hours to make a withdrawal at the bank? Its air conditioned and usually has many beautiful girls to admire working there and that makes the wait a little easier.
And on top of that, we're retired right? We have all the time in the world to enjoy all of this and thank God we are out of the fast lane of living in Los Angeles or some other crowded fast paced, high stress  place in the world.

So who knows, maybe I'll see you at the bank one of these days. You'll recognize me. I'll be the foreigner sitting there and enjoying the long wait for my withdrawal and drooling all over the floor as the beautiful girls walk by…

:top:

Sounds like you are adapting well.  Keep your sense of humor and generally all is good.  We all have our stories to tell.  Just a couple that I still find fun.

Am from the US and were visiting the PI during the Pinitubo eruption.  Called the airline the day before our departure to see whether there was going to be a problem with our flight due to the volcano.  After being on hold for about 20 minutes, the young lady on the other end of the phone happily informed me that there was definitely not going to be a problem with my flight because it had been cancelled.  I thanked her, and after about 5 minutes of rolling around on the floor laughing so hard I hurt, I was able to inform the others in my party that we did not have to worry about our flight any longer.

When I was a student at Silliman in Dumaguete a newbie aked me where the post office was so I walked him there.  He needed a stamp to mail a letter.  It was around lunch time and the line was outside the building and half way around the block but was moving (relatively speaking) quickly.  When he got to the window he was informed that this window was for parcels and he would have to go to the other window.  This involved going back outside and going to the back of the line.  When he finally got to the correct window he only had a large bill that the girl at the counter did not have the change for.  She informed him that he would have to come back with a smaller bill that she could give change for.  That involved going back outside and finding someone who could give change for his large bill, then get back in line and start again.  He did finally get the stamp he needed (and a few more for good measure) and mailed his letter.  It was interesting observing his reactions during this episode, and was a good learning experience for both of us.  We became close friends.

Have fun and I hope to be joining you sometime in the next few years.

Blessings,
Paul

Palasky17022,

I could relate to your friend's experience.  When we got my American husbands 13a visa, we went through not only through  those lines, but also to different buildings.  And you need to drive / ride to get to some of those buildings. There's one to process papers, then you'd have to drive go to a "quarantine". Then come back to the same building, only to find out that you'll have to pay first at a different building, go back to a different floor, etc., all in 120 degree fahrenheit heat.

When challenges like this happens, what we do is just take a deep breath, keep cool, and say "this too shall come to pass."  Lots of legwork and patience when in the Philippines.  You need to come early too, otherwise, by the time you almost got things done, it might be closing time, and you'll need to come back the next day.

I can relate to this challenging times.  Having resided in the US for 22 years, I've been used to efficiency in bureaucracy.  When my name showed up one day in the hold departure list at NAIA, I went to the court in Manila to make the corrections and then went to Immigation for certification.  I spent one whole day and experienced inefficiency, corruption, condescending public officials for the very first time. Regardless of all this bad experiences, I am still not discourage of my goal in retiring back to the Philippines.  With this large room to improve, I am open to be part of the changes for the better.