What is the best mobile phone company to use in India?

Hi there we really need to sort out some mobile phone packages? Does anyone recommend the best company and best deals for an expat?

can i know which country you make calls? Or you have just local use?

Regards
Tushar

Hi there only calls in India but text to international....

Hello,

I will suggest vodafone/aircel to be the best provider here in Mumbai.. they are a little expensive compared to others.. but with reliance, aircel, docomo, idea, mts or even uninor you will face problems of calling/texting at times even receiving from certain countries.. i have friends almost all around the world.. i tried all of them but they all are pathetic..

You can visit their stores and check for the plans according to your usage.. I recommend 299 plan with vodafone/aircel

Karan Khanna

Idea can change your life..prefer idea service cheap and best to call & text international

What an idea sirji :top:

At least don't go for Reliance Mobile as they will keep harassing you by activating unwanted VAS ( Value Added Services) to inflat the bills. I am facing this problem since last few months and problem continues even after reporting the matter to their Nodal Officer and several mails to stop this fleecing and cheating.

@ Naval Rungta, Lodge a complaint here 100% you will get the solution. :top:http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f51/re … ile-63793/

Go for vodafone...the network is amazing...bit expensive but you wont face problems.

My mobile is Vodafone, and I have bought  a prepaid SIM Vodafone for my guests. ItŽs a little bit expensive in comparation with other companies, but still cheap for European prices and works really good.

I will be in India for 6 months beginning the first of the year. About how much is are the Vodafone phone and data plans ? can i get a sims data card for an iPad as well. can a plan purchased when i arrive in New Delhi work across the whole country?
I can get a unlimited  global roaming plan from t-mobel in the states for about $100 a month.

Any assistance would be appreciated !

Thanks David Wilson

Pl. check the available plan on www.vodafone.in It should be possible to get all that you want from Vodafone.

If the company has a CUG group , then you will have to take the servcie provider your employer has tied up with.
many companies employees get mobile reimbursement or the bill is paid by the employer .
variable benefits . not included in CTC

I have had a pretty good experience with Vodafone, while working in Mumbai for a while...  comparatively good.