Registering an EU car in Portugal

I would like to know if it is any easier to register a French registered car in Portugal than a car from outside the EU?  Is the process still the same? Is it easier than say a UK reg car?

@gra2513

Hi,       I'd have thought the process is the same except for......................... complying with the CoC (certificate of conformity) where the manufacturer shows the vehicle conforms to the importing countries' regulations.  Twice I have tried importing a non-EU registered vehicles which were never sold in the importing country, one i succeeded and one i failed.   The bigger and ongoing issue with importing a vehicle into Portugal is the tax (on imported vehicles) which only makes sense if it qualifies for new residents tax break (on one pre-owned import). 

I had a Smart car [LHD] here in Portugal that I was going to import.  But it broke down and for a few hundred and it was snapped up by a buyer for parts. I sold it on MarketPlace [Facebook]

Then I bought a Portuguese registered car and avoided all the hassle of importing, C of C, Vehicle inspection which is quite rigorous for an imported car.  All the Portuguese taxes, vehicle inspections and making sure the car will pass the vehicle inspection soon adds up to a considerable amount.  Portuguese cars are expensive but for me, it made life so easy and one less drama for me in my move to Portugal.