Cost of living in Bosnia

Hello All,

I have travelled quite extensively, but some how Bosnia always attracted me. Can somebody help me regards the cost of living, if one was to come for a 15 days trip, what would a bread & breakfast cost. What is the travelling cost. Can one hire a car and is it safe to travel into the country side, to the villages.

Looking forward to some help?

Regards, Qaisar

Hi and welcome on board KHAN 44!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Bosnia is a beautiful country , if you have a job , life is cheap there . Its not expensive . People are good there , food , nature , girls . Everything is great only if you have a job . In any case visit Bosnia .

Hello Antalya1 and welcome to Expat.com

Thanks for your participation on this thread. However kindly note that the latter has been inactive since August 2011 :D

Do not hesitate to participate on other more recent threads ;)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Antalya1 wrote:

Bosnia is a beautiful country , if you have a job , life is cheap there . Its not expensive . People are good there , food , nature , girls . Everything is great only if you have a job . In any case visit Bosnia .

Not everyone has or need to have a job in Bosia! Some people may have other sources of income and still wish to visit your country. Language, regulations etc are always barriers to getting a job. especially because BH isn't an EU country.

I think it's better you mention the information that you have in numeric terms (eg. € or $) then people can make a decision if it is "cheap" for them.

What is very cheap, is very subjective. It depends on what is normal for you. What you're used to pay.

In Norway for example, a meal out with some drinks coming to less than 150 Euros is considered cheap. The same 150 Euros is a month (good) wage in another country.