EV incentives?

https://en.tempo.co/read/1684534/luhut- … n-february

Regulations on incentives for the purchase of electric vehicles or EVs will be issued in early February 2023, said Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan.
At the 2023 Saratoga Investment Summit in Jakarta, Luhut emphasized that the purchase grant was aimed at accelerating the use of battery-based motorized vehicles (KBLBB).

The numbers aren't available yet, but there's talk of 7 million for a bike and previous stories have come up with a far larger one for cars.

I'm a little unimpressed with the price of Wuling's offerings because of the price against ability, but this news might very well make one worth buying, at least in my opinion.

An event just down the road from me saw 2 EV types on show - with test drives.

Selis was the first. Their cheap but surprisingly nice bikes rode very well in total silence. If I were on the lookout for a thing to get to work on or pop to the shops, their bikes would be high on my list.

Wuling's Air EV was next - and a very pleasant surprise.

The thing drove very nicely with stearing that was all but impossible to judder, even when going over a set of especially nasty road humps. It was comfortable for a fat chap like me, and has enough room for a wife/girlfriend/easy bar pickup/prostitute next to you and a couple of kids or luggage in the back.

Reversing is an experience. The camera clicks on automatically as you would expect, but it has a couple of lines that move with the stearing wheel so you can see exactly where you will go when you move.

Seriously, if you can't reverse that into a parking spot, burn your SIM A.

If the 70 million subsidy happens, these things are worth a look, but I wouldn't buy one at full price. You might like to see how much the same vehicle is in China before you decide if they are value for money or not.

They will also accept part exchanges for other types. I would, if everything happens as I hope, end up paying somewhere between 70 and 100 million for one.

They fall down on range - the 'standard' battery version having a range of 200 km. However, as most people don't do that sort of driving most days, it isn't that big a deal.