Rhythmic gymnastics in Mauritius

Hi everyone,
I am planning to relocate to Mauritius soon and to set up rhythmic gymnastics club and federation with the support of the local Olympic committee president.
I am an ex Russian team  gymnastics champion and coach with over 20 years career in sport, graduated from Olympic school in Russia and had experience in many foreign countries during past 15 years. I will be starting with the basic groups of girls aged 4-6 y/o using facilities in local schools. As I am fairly new to Mauritius( only stayed in Mauritius during winter months last 3 years) I am about to inspect all the schools in north of the island , as I will be based there,to determine suitable facilities. Maybe somebody can advise me in which schools there are after school sport activities for children and what are average prices per lesson/term in kids sport clubs? I am staying in Mauritius for another month till September to prepare for the move
Yana

privet yana hope you are fine.it's good to have new development concerning gynastic well i think in lycee mascareigne and labourdonnais curepipe they have class for gynastic.for private club in gym im not aware of it just i think for basic lesson it can costr 200roupies per hour.please feel free for your ques?you can email me in private also.da svidaya

Hi Mike, i will check those place you mentioned, 200 r sounds very basic.... This is  what I am paying for a babysitter right now!

:) one idea is to create your own academy in mauritius :)

cheers
I

Thanks, this is exactly what I was proposed by the president of Olympic committee of Mauritius! We have to open two clubs to form the federation on the island and I can start by building up a future national team for competitions

Hello Yana when are you planning to open your academy?

it will depend on mauritius authorities, but I will start preparing documents from january 2012

Hello Bellina...i am ashwin from Mauritius and i have read your post. I am very happy that i have come through someone like you. Well i want to know if you are still in Mauritius. Because we have some groups here who do gymnastic and want to move on really as we do parkour also. May be you can help us and we can help you too.
Hope to see you soon.
Take care

Hello Ashwin.

Welcome to Expat.com!

This thread is dated 2011. You may start a new discussion on the Mauritius forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi I am coming to Mauritius in June for 3 weeks with my family .My daughter is  training to be gymnasts.She has been competing for at least 5 years both in England and Ireland.She is hoping to be selected for the Irish squad by the end of next year.I was wondering whether there was any facilities in Mauritius or if you would be able to help with keeping her conditioned whilst away .Please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards, Hussain

Hi,
I am currently living in California, USA, and my family is thinking of spending 6-9 months in Mauritius (that's where I am originally from).
However, I have a 8-year old daughter who does artistic gymnastics here, and is almost at Level 4. She loves it and is training for level 4 competition. I would not want her to stop her workouts when we are in Mauritius. I need to find someone who will carry on coaching her in Mauritius.
Any ideas/contacts you can send me?
Thank you,
Asha

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Please use the business directory. Thanks.]