Landlord is not giving utility bills for months

My landlord is not giving utility bills for 3 months and he is increasing utility bills every month. Anyone have any idea how to get utility bills?

Hello shreeslalita98,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that I have created a new thread with your post on the Malta forum.

You are more likely to get help here, as that forum is quite active.

Have you tried asking him why he is not giving the utility bill and why the price keeps going up, just to see what he has to say about it?1f914.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

My landlord is not giving utility bills for 3 months and he is increasing utility bills every month. Anyone have any idea how to get utility bills?
-@shreeslalita98

The Landlord is legally obliged to give you sight of the original bill from ARMs so you should only pay what that says.

The Landlord is also obliged to register the lease with the housing authority and you could always report him or her to that authority as there are certain clauses in a lease that must be included which deal with utility bills, periods of notice etc. If the Landlord has not registered the lease then it is not considered legally binding and you can actually register it yourself. Check both the Housing Authority and the ARMS websites.

You are always entitled to have the number of residents registered with ARMS as well, so your bill is correct. If the Landlord will not sign the required form H then you can submit it yourself.

The other thing you can do is read your meters every 2 months, which is the normal frequency, use ARMS bill calculator for the number of residents and just pay that amount.

A more drastic option is to simply move to another property as the landlord is not likely to act any better if you start insisting that he follows the regulations.