Single mum relocating to Malta on a student visa

Hi guys

pls I want to know what I should expect as a single mum of a four year old boy relocating to malts from Nigeria on a study visa

Hi guys
pls I want to know what I should expect as a single mum of a four year old boy relocating to malts from Nigeria on a study visa
-@Rachel Atuah

I am surprised that a Study visa would be issued in the first place, but as a student I don't believe you are allowed to do any work in the first 6 months and so would not being paying in to the social security system and therefore not receive any state help at all.

I agree with ‘foxglove' so you would need quite an income to support yourself and  your baby as you will not get any help from the state. You need to do some homework regarding monthly outlay to pay rent, buy groceries,  pay for your studies and childminding in case you need it while studying.

@Sunandsea good day. Please I am coming in as a student, will I be allowed to work?

@ojoboanastacia Hello, students on student visa are allowed to work a number of hours per week. I am not sure about the exact number of hours. Hope someone can shed the light on this.

Regards

Bhavna

@ojoboanastacia Hello, students on student visa are allowed to work a number of hours per week. I am not sure about the exact number of hours. Hope someone can shed the light on this.
Regards
Bhavna

-@Bhavna

No more than 20 hours if it's a standard degree.

@F0xgl0ve good . What of a singlelady coming or tudy? How any hours is the work permit

@F0xgl0ve good . What of a singlelady coming or tudy? How any hours is the work permit

-@ojoboanastacia

I have already said no mor than 20 hours.

@ojoboanastacia

The University of Malta website states you may work up to 15 hours per week.

https://www.um.edu.mt/international/students/

"If you would like to work while you are following a course, you must have an e-residence permit. You may work for a maximum of 15 hours a week from your first year of residence in Malta."

Please bear in mind that since your main priority is to study in Malta, you must fulfill that purpose. If any student fails to attend a minimum of 75% of the lectures, their student visa will be revoked.

The Maltese authorities will ask you to provide proof of sufficient financial means, a bank statement showing transactions of the past three months. The statement should show a balance of a minimum of 854 Euro for each month of stay in Malta, or its equivalent in foreign currency

@Evreham thank you so much

@Rachel Atuah ,

It's not easy to combine studying and working, but students are allowed to work for some certain hours, so they can focus on their studies.

Certainly, you would need money for rent, groceries, utilities and other upkeeps.

All the best.

Jibola