Meet for lunch?

Hello. My name is Tracie.

My husband and I hope to emigrate to Malta before the end of this year ('23). We would be coming as a financially self sufficient couple. We haven't worked out the visa process yet but know that we will not be looking for employment.

We will be in Malta from February 9-23 for an exploratory visit and would love to meet up with someone or a few people to chat over lunch (my treat) just to talk about your experiences in moving there from the US.

We have some appointments scheduled with some real estate agents and we have some tours planned but getting a real life perspective from people who have made the move would be very helpful.

Thank you

Tacie

my wife and I have the same plan and situation. We aren't planning our first trip until July. Would love to hear what you find out. Please pm me when you get back. Where will you be moving from ? We are in Texas

mike

Hi There. I'm in TX. In the DFW area. I definitely will give you an update when we return.

Hello. My name is Tracie.

My husband and I hope to emigrate to Malta before the end of this year ('23). We would be coming as a financially self sufficient couple. We haven't worked out the visa process yet but know that we will not be looking for employment.

We will be in Malta from February 9-23 for an exploratory visit and would love to meet up with someone or a few people to chat over lunch (my treat) just to talk about your experiences in moving there from the US.

We have some appointments scheduled with some real estate agents and we have some tours planned but getting a real life perspective from people who have made the move would be very helpful.

Thank you

-@TX_Tracie

I would spend my time by visiting Identity Malta first to establish whether they will allow you to reside here at all, it is not an automatic process when it comes to Third Country Nationals and then is usually only on a yearly basis for the first 5 years.

There are of course some very expensive schemes which will get you long term residence or even a passport but at a cost of several hundred thousand euros.

Looking foreword to hearing from you

@F0xgl0ve thanks. We have an appointment scheduled with the consulate to help us work through the process. It's very confusing so far.

@TX_Tracie

Hi Tracy,

you could contact me in this below number ***

Regards,

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct