SSC on Malta when living abroad and remote working?

Hi All,

I am a British citizen who was living in Malta and working for a company so paying tax and SSC etc.

I now moved away from Malta (still in the EU) and so am not a resident there anymore. Still work remotely for the Maltese company but only part-time, my income is low so now doesn't hit the tax threshold, however, my payslips are still showing that I am paying SSC.

So my question is, should I still be paying Malta SSC if I am no longer a resident there (so won't use services such as hospitals, etc)?

Thanks in advance,

Trav

@Gettravelling Hi Trav,

I'm no expert on this topic, but I believe you dont have to pay SSC anymore given that you wont be using the services.

You can check with your company and see if they can speak to the relevant authorities and stop deducting the SSCOr you can send an email or call and sort it.

Try visiting the website www.servizz.gov.mt

I'm a resideny of Malta and I have opted not to pay SSC as I'm contributing in my home country.

So I thinj you should be able to sort it.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply.

So the fact that I am not living there anymore means that I shouldn't have to pay SSC?

It makes sense to me. I just wondered if the Maltese company was obliged to take it off my pay as I am still working for a Maltese company but I think what you say makes sense.