Visa waver/exeption

Hi all,

I am doing a little bit of a tour of se asia thailand laos vietnam cambodia back to thailand and then borneo.  I will be arriving in bangkok on the 22nd of this month and departing bangkok on the 7th march (early hours but the 7th none the less).  As i understand the rules as a uk citizan i can enter thailand for 45 days on a visa waver/exemption.  However, Counting the 22nd of this month the 7th march is exactly 45 days.  Question is can i go back and forth from thailand on the same visa or will once i leave invalidate the visa exception

many thanks

coop

Hi all,
I am doing a little bit of a tour of se asia thailand laos vietnam cambodia back to thailand and then borneo. I will be arriving in bangkok on the 22nd of this month and departing bangkok on the 7th march (early hours but the 7th none the less). As i understand the rules as a uk citizan i can enter thailand for 45 days on a visa waver/exemption. However, Counting the 22nd of this month the 7th march is exactly 45 days. Question is can i go back and forth from thailand on the same visa or will once i leave invalidate the visa exception
many thanks
coop
-@cooper1203

It's a 45 days visa exempt. Meaning it's not a visa.

It doesn't matter if you stay 7 days or 45 days,when leaving, you're done. When/if coming back,you get 30 days,because the 45 days visa exempt is supposed to end in February.

?Hi all,
I am doing a little bit of a tour of se asia thailand laos vietnam cambodia back to thailand and then borneo. I will be arriving in bangkok on the 22nd of this month and departing bangkok on the 7th march (early hours but the 7th none the less). As i understand the rules as a uk citizan i can enter thailand for 45 days on a visa waver/exemption. However, Counting the 22nd of this month the 7th march is exactly 45 days. Question is can i go back and forth from thailand on the same visa or will once i leave invalidate the visa exception
many thanks
coop
-@cooper1203
It doesn't matter if you stay 7 days or 45 days,when leaving, you're done. When/if coming back,you get 30 days,because the 45 days visa exempt is supposed to end in February.
-@Leeds forever!

thanks for the reply

So to clarify.  on arrival to bangkok i will get an exemption for 45 days.  5 days later when i leave thailand for laos that will invalidate the exemption.  when i come back on the 22nd feb i will get a 30 day exemption which again will be invalidated when leaving on the 24th for borneo. When i return from borneo to thailand on the 6th march i will get another 30 days which once again will be invalidated once i fly home on the 7th.

if this is the case how many pages do i need in my passport for the stamps?

many thanks

coop

?Hi all,
many thanks
coop
-@cooper1203
-@Leeds forever!

thanks for the reply
So to clarify. on arrival to bangkok i will get an exemption for 45 days. 5 days later when i leave thailand for laos that will invalidate the exemption. when i come back on the 22nd feb i will get a 30 day exemption which again will be invalidated when leaving on the 24th for borneo. When i return from borneo to thailand on the 6th march i will get another 30 days which once again will be invalidated once i fly home on the 7th.

if this is the case how many pages do i need in my passport for the stamps?

many thanks
coop
-@cooper1203

You understood it correctly. The entry stamps are small,maybe 3 stamps on one page. It depends on the guy with the stamp in his hand. No one knows if the visa exempt period will be 30 or 45 days after February. This is Thailand. 😎