Family Reunification Timeline on Professional Card

Hi All,

I have applied for my Family Reunification in South Africa via TLS in Johannesburg on the 11th of November 2022. My husband is on a professional card. I'm a bit confused as I have not heard back from Brussels and when I spoke to Johannesburg they said my file is “in treatment” but I can't seem to find it on the Dofi site, secondly they lady said we short a proof of regular income on our application. What proof will that be as he only received his temporary id this week. So will only be able to start work next week. It took 3.5 months to get his id as he went to Belgium in October last year.

Any idea of the timeline? As our house is sold, our son is not enrolled in school because we were told max 8 weeks for approval. As our application is just a “formality”.

Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated!

It takes on average 3 months, but as you applied before the holidays it may take longer.

@SimCityAT thank you! For the feedback. Do you maybe know what “proof of regular” income they will ask for?

@Madelein Botes probably his salary recipe for the last 3 months

@Madelein Botes we used my work contract for my spouse's visa d to show regular salary. I would use that & any wage slips he has since he's been in belgium

@pm1329 Thank you. So an appointment letter should work?

@Madelein Botes not sure what you mean by appointment letter. We used my full work contract that shows the terms & conditions, including annual & monthly salary I'll be receiving