Can I work with just social visa

hello
I am a actually at KL my husband is Malaysian citizen I neeed to know if can work with social visa.
thank you

Hi man22ga!

Maybe you could tell in what field you are willing to work.

Regards
Armand

thanks for replay
really I am lost before I am working in secretary and administration and I have IT technician certificate and public management speak  English french Arabic ...I wish find work like seretary or general clerk   or anything it's ok
thanks

Social Pass is tht ur spouse visa if so you can work with it just get a chop from the immigiration. The shop is free of cost. just submit the offer letter n company registration photocopy papers

nice...so I must find work first after I submit this registration at the immigration...
thank you

Usually in Malaysia, you need a work permit to work there. the social visa is a tourist visa which, among other information, bears the inscription that its holder is not permitted to take any appointment while in Malaysia. a holder of social visa has a two week stay in malaysia.

but me I have 2 years in my social visa,  other person says that is possible to work but you must find job first after you must declare this work to the immigration

well even for spouse visa it wuld be as Social Pass so clairify me what visa it is. but make sure you get the stamp from immigiration and working without stamp is illegal if you want any information you can contact me directly as i have experienced alot with it in the immigiration dept. been 5 times n followed the rules and finally got the stamp.

You only have to be very careful. dont be too desperate for it lest you might be cheated

are u married to a malaysian?.. beacause I'm facing same problem.. but if u are married yes You can work, I ask the immigration officer about that but my problem is, I really dont know how to start process >< hays so hard to be a foreign wpouse here in Malaysia

hi there
yes I am married to a Malaysian and you how about you? I have already 8 months but still no working...tell me what kind of problem you have  and are you married malaysian citizen? .
yes is very hard to be a foreign spouse here in Malaysia;according to culture, language ...ext... I agree with you

hello,
   Yes, I am married to a Malaysian chinese citizen, actually for only 2 weeks ago we got married in Putrajaya.. I also have this visa 4 yrs and so I asked the immigration if I can work (beacuse I am currently working in Midvalley now)so to make it all legal I am now facing the brain drain once again.. to get the stamp from the immigration allowing me to work.. honestly I have no idea where I should start.. so many paperworks I have been thru. sometimes I rather not to get the stamp since in my work they dont require working visa ><. but my husband always ask me be legal be leagl >< 

anyway if u have any idea how to get the stamp from immigration, please do share because I only hve the checklist from immigration which is written in Malay === rather than that nothing no idea

anyway.. u can direct contact me [email protected].. will be more easier thank u in advance ^^ or do u have a facebook? here's mine [email protected] ... maybe foreign spouse should have group or something so we can share our experience specially in visa because we all know its really hard .. too many paper works ><
anyway this site helps me alot specially getting my spouse visa ><

hello,
CONGRATULATION FOR YR MARRIAGE  :)
I am so sorry to hear this and I agree with your husband you must be legal becoz Malaysia don't allow this kind of things happen so you have to be save.
sorry I have no idea but I propose to you :
first at immigration agency outside there is a women who can help you, she explain to you and she makes every thing for you you have only to pay her(this is she who makes every thing for me to get social visa) and second there is this friend who has experience try to contact him  vijayranjan he already post and reply me , he can help you so good luck you can success

No you can not work with social visa.
Like every country in the world when you visit another country you can just visit and if you like to work you have to have work permit to work.
Same goes with Malaysia,same rules applies.

hmm because my visa is also called sosial visa but it should be called spouse, I have no idea why immigration call it that way, but anyway.. last week we went to immigration and yes they confirmed can work as long as we submit few things and they will give me the stamp ^^

If he is Malaysian citizen if he has a Malaysian passport then off course he can work.
That is very stupid question.
If you are a foreigner then you can not work with social visa.
Waist of time responding to you.

dont get angry la.. I'm just telling you the truth I am not Malaysian and I'm using sosial visa issued from Immigration it is 4 years can also call it as spouse but immgration call it as sosial.. and yes can use it to work as long as you pass some papers from the company.. no need to change sosial to working visa if ur a foreign spouse..

In fact I already do it today.. I already get the working spouse permit or also called working sosial permit ^^
and its free when you already have the sosial / spouse visa/ pass

hello,
:)CONGRATULATION richellepeh FOR UR SUCCESS  ,I FELT THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT ;) , I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU , LATER I WILL SEND YOU MESSAGE TO HELP ME HOW YOU SUCCESS IT :lol:
AND YOU ortamahalle I DON'T KNOW WHY ARE YOU SO WASTING TIME TO RESPONDING QUESTION IF YOU IT FIND SO STUPID,NO BODY ASK YOU HELP? YOU ANSWER WITH UR OWN will..... :/

Hi man22ga,

Could you please avoid your caps lock on the forum? Thank you.