New members of the Gibraltar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Gibraltar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Gibraltar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Good afternoon everyone, here in England, one hour before you guys I live in your past and you live in my future...so... let's stick to the point...in my near future I'd love to go back to Spain, I was born in Cádiz, and I came to England looking for a future opportunity, I'll be newly qualified to work in anaesthetics as an ODP, next august so my plan Is to apply to gibraltar and be able to live in Spain where my parents will be able to raise my best experience ever, my son. My wife wants to move to warmer locations as well so everything sorted on those matters.

I hope in several months I would be able to tell you all I'm around not just virtually. Cheers.

@Julien  Hi Julien

Thank you very much for you warm welcome!

My name is Madjid. I am an Engineer. Next week, I am moving to Gibraltar for work.  For the last 23 years I was living in Barcelona. I already visited Gibraltar in the past but now I will spend a long period there. I am very excited to discover what's life look like there.

Many thanks again!

Hi Julien, Thanks for your warm soon welcoming I hope in GI...!

French retired Cardiologist I'm looking to become (soon)? a resident /stay for a long period I hope in GI.

Are administrative requirements so difficult for a long-stay/residential agreement?   

Any idea regarding the residential income requirements?  I am foreseeing making an Internet Application but don't know to which administrative/official site to send it. Any idea?

Thanks a lot for any useful information.

Abel B.

Hi all  am  planning to move to Gibraltar from uk , I have a british passport but wish to spend time In Spain

how do I obtain a visa from Gibraltar which will allow me to move around the mainland Europe

@Julien hi I'm 66 yrs still very fit and healthy, I don't like living in England and I would like to move to Gibraltar, I've no idea what the steps are to make it happen, also what are the requirements I want to work, also instead of buying or renting a property I would be more than happy to rent a room as I doing at the moment, so much easier to do this. Any help and suggestions would be great as I don't want to waste time. Regards

Paul

Goo day Mr Julien.. thanks for the warm welcome in this forum..  We are Filipino couple  originated from Philippines. My wife  was qualified and git her permit to work as anaesthesiologist in Gibraltar.. Does anyone here knows where we can find a possible place or apartment for rent  preferably dog friendly as we plan to bring our puppy? Hoping for your response.. thanks again.

@drmarvinplandicho

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to start your own thread on the Gibraltar forum to seek advice from members. You may also create an advert in the Housing in Gibraltar section of the website to receive offers.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello, my name is Cedrik (the handle was already taken). I was born in Paris, France, and hold a British passport. I've been living near Malaga on the costa del sol for the last 20 years and I would like to move to Gibraltar and become a resident there. First I would like to rent for a year to get the feel of the place. I've already played a few gigs there with the Rolling Stones TRIBUTE band Honky Tonk Cats based in Malaga. If you have any tips, please contact me by email. Yours, Cedrik.

@Julien Hi I'm in the uk and as a family are thinking of moving to Gibraltar in a year or so how easy is it to rent with 2 dogs,  they are uk staffies, daughter is 18, husband is a plasterer (owns own business) both myself and daughter are nursery practitioners me with 30 years experience and daughter doing her level 2 in childcare and education. What job opportunities are their for us.

We reside in Selsey West Sussex uk. We want a better quality of life with well alot better weather. As we are getting on lol we feel all the aches and pains in cold weather, which it has been raining here for the past 3 months.

We would love outdoor living, community and just better eay of living.  Can someone tell me If we lived in Spain and work in Gibraltar would we need visa's for Spain or is their something in place that allows British citizens to cross the border daily. Lots of questions I do apologise.

@Amandastevens669

Welcome on board !

Thank you for taking the time to share a few words about yourself.

I have created a new thread from one of your posts on the Gibraltar forum, I hope you receive some insights soon :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1053622

All the best

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055954

Thanks!

Closed