New members of the Taiwan forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Taiwan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Taiwan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Dual citizen of the USA and Cambodia operating a global trading operation in based in Taiwan with subsidiaries in the USA, Cambodia, Thailand, Brazil and Switzerland.

Matthew Charles Martel / Director of the Americas

Hello sir,

My name is Leonard Uzoagba from Nigeria. I have sometime ago worked in Taiwan, about 20year past, I like the country and everything about it. But iam now in my country Nigeria still in business, to be precise I live in Lagos.

I don't know if this is enough,my regards

|Hello leonard,

Welcome on board !

In what field did you work the first time your were in Taiwan ?

Reading the articles of the Living in Taiwan guide for expats will provide you with lots of useful infos.

Regards

Bhavna

Hi all!!!

My wife is a Taiwanese/ American citizen and the plan is for us to move to Taiwan sometime 2024 after retirement and move in with her Dad. I have visite three times and fell more deeply in love with the country & the people!! At this point trying to gather information on taxes, banking, driving, the important stuff to begin our journey in Taiwan. This site has been a wealth of information.

Hello and welcome Sparky1197647 ^^

I hope members will be able to guide you on the existing thread you have on the forum.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien Tomas, I'm from Colombia and I'm looking for someone who lives or have been in Taiwan to talk about the country culture for and academic homework, if someone could help me please contact me

@Tomas vz Hello and welcome !

Feel free to create an advert in the Taiwan classifieds under the Testimonies section. We'll share it in our newsletter.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

Hello Julien and to all your expat community.

My name is Nordine from Morocco.

i have been travelling around asia during the last 10 years.

I am currently living in Bangkok since 2018,travelled around Thailand, loved and still loving this great culture and lovely people,but i decided it's about time to explore new horizon.

February 2023 i've vusited taipei during one week,enjoyed it and decided to make it my next new home.

Since I'm not planning to work or open a business ,i have no idea about immigration, housing and health insurance.

Any tips ,advice from you will be  helpful and very appreciated.

Many thanks.

Nordine.

@adoulnordine

Hello Nordine,

Welcome on board !

Find out more information about visa in the Visas for Taiwan section of the Expat Guide and on the official website : https://www.boca.gov.tw/np-137-2.html

Should you need further info, feel free to open a new thread on the Taipei forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

Thank you Bhavna,i will it out

@Julien already been living here since Nov 2011, and I'm not impressed. Part of my ambition was to share my abundance of abilities but it became overwhelmingly aware that their appreciated hasn't evolved past their learned ability to start a fire. Senselessly creating lots of smoke without any productive use just doesn't suit me. Their blocking ability with their vehicles just amazes me, and their daily tossing litter as they go about their way. Yea, I've had enough. Making preps to get away to hopefully a more earth friendly nation.

I'm Gugu, I'm not yet in Taiwan but I'm contemplating into moving to Taiwan in the next 18 months. So I would like to know whether I can still be actively employed after my 60th Birthday being there for a 24-month contract.

I'm a Graduate with over 25 years of work experience in two key industries Manufacturing and Aviation.

@linmindah, what are the cons of living in Taiwan (apart from the temples and incense and noise - which is very typical in most large asian cities)?  There are many little towns outside the main city centers and with the high speed train going from Taipei to Kaohshiung, there are many places that can be quite quaint and nice.

I am interested in knowing your viewpoint as I will probably spend some time there in the future.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055749

Thanks!

Closed