Suggestions on insurance and shipping companies

@Julien

Hi All.

I'm moving to Port Vila Vanuatu in January 2023, although my husband is already working and living there. I stayed behind in Melbourne to pack up the house ready to be shipped once our residency is granted. We've rented an unfurnished home.

I am hoping other expats may be able to advise me on a few daunting issues that I'm facing regarding the move.

Expat insurance is a real headache! It's been suggested to my husband that Medi Vac Insurance is all we require because any other medical issues can be handled quite competently by the doctors or the hospital. Is hospitalisation free in Port Vila for Expats?

Shipping household goods in a container is another very confusing area! I'm packing everything myself and storing it temporarily until I can work out how to go about getting it to Port Vila. I sent up a few boxes of used basic survival household items for my husband when he went, but the problems he had dealing with customs is something I never want to go through again. He almost sent them back and was ready to walk away himself!! Can anyone please provide me with suggestions?

I'm really looking forward to moving in the New Year but any tips, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gayle

Hello Gayle,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Vanuatu forum so that members can guide you.

May I suggest that you contact our partners to see what they can offer :

Your expat health insurance in Vanuatu

Moving to Vanuatu

All the very best,

Bhavna