Primary Teacher - Hepatitis B

Hi,

I am a primary school teacher (school years 2-4, ages 7-9) who is hepatitis b positive living in the EU. I know the 6 different categories for hep b testing for employment includes nursery workers. Does anyone know if this applies to primary school teachers as well?

Thanks!

B

No but your employer may have their own policies under which they don't hire teachers with Hep B or Hep C.  A lot of healthcare and educational facilities have similar policies.

Thank you!

Just an update for anyone who reads this. Wife was offered 3 roles in the UAE. 2 in abu dhabi and 1 in dubai. All employers stated she would not pass medical with hep b. Sad state of affairs, but on a positive note we got offered a job in a much better country on a better salary. We also dont have to worry about any form of discrimination etc. So it turned out well for us! Caution to anyone applying with hep b in a teaching role, may be better on all front to skip this country! All sounds a bit silly to me and probably somewhere you want to reconsider living if this is their outlook on life.

please which country is that? the one you were allowed to work even though living hepatitis B. i have it too