D card for doctors in training


Do you know if doctors in training in belgium can change their legal status from student to worker in order to be able to apply for the D residency card?

Doctors in training are enrolled at university to complete their specialization but they also work at hospitals and are paid a salary.

Thank you in advance.

It's considered as student time, even if paid.