Electricity problem in my apartment

Dear all,

Currently, I'm living in Hasselt. Yesterday morning, the light in my bedroom, toilet, and bathroom were switched-off and still not working. I don't know what happens to it. Who do I ask when such a thing happens? Shall I call my electricity provider company?

Thank you.

Go down to the main circuit. It can be in the basement or inside your apartment. Turn it off and on again. It could be that there was a short circuit and therefore, it automatically all turned off. If you still have issues, call your electricity provider. I am not sure if your electricity supplier is sibelga. Look at your receipt. Call them up and give them your account number and they will help you turn it back on. Sometimes, it is just a short circuit and therefore, the main circuit turned off to avoid an overload. 

Hello yat123,

For a start, I suggest you contact your landlord, and then your electricity provider.

Hopefully, this can be fixed quickly.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl Thank you for your reply. I called Luminus (the electricity provider) before five minutes. He suggested contacting a technician, although I don't know where to find them. Thanks!

@Lynette Dominguez Thank you so much. Let me try it.