Any experience with the Global Talent Visa

Hello. I'm currently in the US but looking to move to the UK. I'm looking at the Global Talent Visa. Anyone have any experience with this? I've spoken to an immigration attorney and they don't think I should have trouble with the application. I worry that a change in government may mean that visa is taken away and replaced with another which might delay the time to permanent residency if I have to start all over.

Hello ArthurDent,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the England forum so that members can hopefully share their insights with you.

All the. best,

Bhavna

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

All visas are political in as much it is a politician who adds and/or removes them at the stroke of a pen; that can be said for any country in the world.  One of the joys of being an Expat I'm afraid.

If you're asking if there is a way around this uncertainty for Expats heading to the UK, not that I've heard of.  All I can offer is that the UK Government doesn't tend to move the goalposts for Expats that are already in the UK legally, the current Brexit debacle being a good example, those who were already in the UK before Brexit have been allowed to remain on the old system if they wish, nobody has been forced to leave or had the terms of their current residence permit altered.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

That does help, thank you Cynic!