Your best culinary memory in Sri Lanka

Hello everyone,

As you know, every country has its own flavours and tasting the local cuisine is a great way to discover the culture of a destination. Whether it's a small typical restaurant to taste local dishes, a traditional meal in a local's home, street food or fast food, there is something for everyone!

So, which dish do you want to try in Sri Lanka?
Which dish has impressed you the most and when did you discover it?
Do you know how to cook it and share it with your family?

Thank you for your taste contribution ;)

Certainly, it is an interesting subject irrespective of skin color, cultures, rich or poor and it is something beyond that a person enjoying. Here in Sri Lanka the most of our Sri Lankan cuisine is hot and spicy by using spices grown in our own country with their strong flavour and pleasing aroma from the early centuries as some of them were inherited by its own with proper climatic conditions and fertile soil required for them in Sri Lanka. So, if anyone is interested in Sri Lankan cuisine, I'm there to direct and help you.

Certainly, it is an interesting subject irrespective of skin color, cultures, rich or poor and it is something beyond that a person enjoying. Here in Sri Lanka the most of our Sri Lankan cuisine is hot and spicy by using spices grown in our own country with their strong flavour and pleasing aroma from the early centuries as some of them were inherited by its own with proper climatic conditions and fertile soil required for them in Sri Lanka. So, if anyone is interested in Sri Lankan cuisine, I'm there to direct and help you.
-@jevendra076

Hello and thank you for your message !

If you can give us more details, please don't hesitate 1f601.svg1f64f.svg

Mickael

Team Expat.com

Hello jevendra076,

Thank you for sharing all these flavourful details with us 1f60d.svg

Trying Sri Lankan cuisine is definitely on my bucket list!!!1f60e.svg

Sri Lankan cuisine is often confused with Indian/South Indian cuisine which I think is quite sad.

Sri Lankan cuisine deserves more appreciation!!!

But what according to you is the best local dish?

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com

@Yoginee

Hi Everyone, I thank you for your heartfelt comments. 🙏 ❤️

Well, Ceylon Spices are enriched with lots of vitamins and minerals which are good for the human body💪 for daily consumption which protect from many diseases. ***

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details + advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

This is unfortunately typical Sri Lankan behaviour, that making efforts to have something for oneself instead of just answering the question. Let me make it up!

Ambulthiyal Sri Lankan sour fish curry

Kalupolmalu Sri Lankan jackfruit seed curry

Fried coconut sambal with dried mini shrimps

Crab curry Sri Lankan housewife style (should taste both southern style and northern style)

However that is not a confusion Yoginee, just like your name many Sri Lankan dishes are originated from India, mainly south India but sri Lankans have given them an own touch during the centuries passed by so they all are still unique in a way.