Your best culinary memory in Cambodia

Hello everyone,

As you know, every country has its own flavours and tasting the local cuisine is a great way to discover the culture of a destination. Whether it's a small typical restaurant to taste local dishes, a traditional meal in a local's home, street food or fast food, there is something for everyone!

So, which dish do you want to try in Cambodia?
Which dish has impressed you the most and when did you discover it?
Do you know how to cook it and share it with your family?

Thank you for your taste contribution ;)

I lived many years in cambodia, and i had a partner for years. As you can guess i had the opportunity to taste all kind of local food. Honestly? They don't have any culinary culture , at all. There is literally nothing i may remember as "cambodian" that wouldn't be a bad copy of other cultures. An example would be the famous loklak. A superb meat based dish with salad and tomatoes. Except.. its not Cambodian at all, it's french 1f602.svg Any soup? its a bad copied thai\viet soup. Noodles with beef and egg? Viet food 1f602.svgI still remember some kind of meat based soup (claimed as khmer, surely not) , forgot the khmer name : that smell is so awful i dare anyone to try it. A fun street food i remember was that egg with a chicken killed and cooked right before being born. Very tasty, you can find it kinda easily. Very easy to get food poisoned 1f601.svg but ye, tasty. And not exactly "khmer culture". So ye, this is my experience.