Sun Kin Progreso

Hi to every body,

We are about to buy a Condo in Chixchulub, we own a house in Merida and we love the beach, so we spend a lot of weekends there, now we decide is time to buy someting. This condos are beatifull but they are still in constrution (70%) for about a year and a half. the realtor told us they will finish at the end of sumer. Some of you know about this project? Somebody told us they had stop building for some time.

hi,
I've bought one of the condos from Sun Kin and the builder told me that they will be ready this summer (June-July). Tommorow I'll know more, they'll send me an update of the works and pictures. Hope this helps :)

best regards,
Raz

Hi razvina

Thanks for your replay, We had been following the development very closly, and they have workers at the site.

We loved the project, fits perfect our needs, and the price is great, Since is no longer possible to built on the Beach, we decided to buy something ready to go.

Are you planning to live premanently in Merida? We have a few years living here and we are very happy.

Greetings from Merida.

hi,
I've loved the project the moment I've seen it (more than a year ago) and even in the current market turmoil I still think it's good value.
I would love to come to live permanently in Merida, but right now we're just planning to 'commute' :)

Btw, what are you doing in Merida??
best regards,

Raz

My wife and I move from Holland in 2005, looking for a better weather and business opportunities. We are very happy. We own a few pices of propperty here, prices are very affordable. Real State investment have save us from this trumoil. Our investment is safe. plus yucatan is crime free. all these factors influence our decition, there are so many beautifull places in Mexico, but for instance Chapala Jalisco, is crawded with Americans, San Miguel de Allende also. Yucatan is still undiscover by Americans and Canadians, very peacefull, clean, and cheap.

I am sure we made the rigth decition.
Greetings from Merida.

hi there,
I've got some news about the Sun Kin project... looks like they are going to lower the prices a bit (5%) and make some small changes to the interiors (like optimizing the kitchen space)... and they'll be late again, worst case scenario is end of 2009.

You said that they're working on the site... do you know how many people are using? When was the last time you went there?

I'll visit Merida in May, it would be great to meet you guys then !!

best regards,

Razvan

Hi Razvan

Yes you are rigth, they send us an email with the new prices, they have at least 20 to 25 fellows working in the site I guess, we were there last weekend. They are taking an intense promotional campaign. The condos are very spacious, and they have all the facilities, the fact that this is the only one in Progreso with indoors parking is a great adventage. Plus is good rental property. location is superb, walking distance from the Beach Boulevard. We go there almost every weekend. We already told some friends in US and Holland about the project, they migth be interested.

Please let us know when ever you are comming, it will be nice to meet you guys. We are planning a trip to Holland this year, but we do not know yet when, depends on some family issues over there.

hi guys,
Could you please send me the price list? For some reason, communication with the builder is very difficult, I cannot get in touch with the builder very easily... I guess, i'm already a client, so don't matter anymore :)

my email address is [email protected]

Also, if you've got some recent pictures, it will be highly appreciated... :)

The builder send me some pics a few days ago, if you want i could send them to your private email.

I've got a wedding in Monterrey on May 15.. I will probably arrive in Merida around May 20, planning to stay at Yakhouna hotel... maybe i'll even do some kitesurfing :)... btw, is it windy in May??

best regards,
Razvan

Anybody has any other news about Sun Kin ? I've heard that they will lower prices but cannot find anything on the net.
Anybody knows what the status of the works is?
thank you,
Razvan

Hi again,

So long since last time we were traveling, here is the new web page sunkin.com.mx, have you seen it?

hi,
thank you for the link, I haven't seen it... I'll be in Progreso on 20th of May, staying at Yakouna hotel. It would be great to meet you!! best regards,
Razvan

Hello,
my name is Bruce Ducharme ([email protected])and I am representing this devlopment with Coldwell Banker Realty. I noticed your post and wanted to give you the latest possible information on this.
We are at 80% complete as of today - 2009_10_23 - and construction is right on target for end of December. There was an issue at the bigining of this project with other realtors, that I will not get into, but now we have re-focused, upgraded, and are offering a better product at the same price.
Please contact me so I may answer any questions or address any concerns.
Saludos,
Bruce Ducharme

This discussion is now turning to advertisement, which is not allowed on Expat.com.

Hello,

My last post was not an advertisement. Comments were made as to where the project was at and who they could talk to about the progress.
The person they need to contact is me, as I am now the master broker for this project. I wanted to make sure they have the latest ans most accurate information.

Gracias,
Bruce

There have not been any new posts to this blog for months. I see this project still being offered for sale. Does anyone know what's happening with it. Is it safe to look closer at a purchase?

guys, i've put in a downpayment for one of the condos 2 years ago, and now the builder doesn't return my calls and doesn't answer to my emails !!!
just to let you know....

related topic

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=52460