Single Permit and travel without visa

Hello all,

I was working in italy previously, and then applied for a job in Belgium.

I got the offer and my company processed my single permit in September 2022. I got the no-reply email on 27th September 2022.

I had to travel back to india, and in the online application it was specified to send my single permit to the Embassy of Belgium in New Delhi.

however, upon asking multiple times my employer has refused me to take a VFS appointment and mentioned that I will receive my single permit including the visa (or a residency card) in embassy of Belgium, New Delhi.

has anyone encountered this so far or am I missing to understand something?

also my application is only reviewed by the economic migration service and is still pending to be reviewed by the Belgium immigration office (for residence authorization). Can someone provide a brief timeline to get my single permit.

Hello,

From what I understand, you have to wait for approval from the immigration department (RP) in addition to the WP. Once successful, you will receive annexe 46with which you will have to apply for a type D visa.

The current duration to obtain a single permit (ie, WP + RP) takes approximately 120 days.

@aromal235

Thanks for your comment.

however I asked my employer if I need to raise a type D visa and they refused stating that I'll get a card wifh the single permit which will allow me to travel to Belgium.

just to add, I'm working for a government organization in Belgium so the process might differ?

Hi Aman,

Your employer is right up to some extent. You will get annexure 46(single permit), which provides you residency rights also.

But the current process from India differs. After you obtain annexure 46, you need to get your visa stamping from Belgium Embassy in India. It means they just need to stamp your visa sticker in your passport. The decision is already taken by Belgium immigration department. This will allow you to travel to Belgium. There you will get your residency card from local commune.

The process is same, whether you are employed by any government agency or Government itself. So don't get carried away by what they are saying.

the current processing time (average of last 7 approvals from other group) is 112 days. So the date of 12/12 is very optimistic. I wish that you will get all done by that time. But realistically you need lots of luck for that.

keep your fingers crossed.

Wishing you Godspeed. 

@bhagwanbsr

thank you so much for your reply. As I understand I still need to take an appointment with the VFS delhi and get my visa. Or if it's just a sticker which they need to paste on my passport, can it be done by the Belgium consulate directly without taking an appointment?

sorry for my silly query but it's been a very long time since I raised a visa.

You need to take an appointment at VFS Delhi. They will forward your application to Embassy for visa. It takes around 7 days in this process. You will get back your passport with visa sticker in it at your home.