EID certificate revoked

Hey all,

So I came back from Cyprus yesterday and entered via Eindhoven. So I know the card is still valid (it's valid till 2032).

I tried to use my EID today to check something and it wouldn't work. When I used the EID viewer, it says my security certificate has been revoked.

I have an L card. I'm currently waiting on my declaration on nationality that I submitted in July.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

I'll probably go to the commune to ask but just thought I'd check here first.

I think that its revoked because you have been granted the nationality as someone mentioned it in this forum before. Otherwise, its not usual that a card is revoked for no reason (from what you mentioned)

But I have not received anything by post. Literally nothing.

And I was able to pass border control on Saturday in Eindhoven.

@richeekdey3 that person mentioned he did not receive anything but checking on the site and see his card is cancelled as a sign of nationality approved

they are not waiting for the mail coming to you to trigger something on the system. That must be triggered first and then any communication to the involved parties.

normally you have no issue. The issue is that you recognize that the certificate is cancelled. Infact, it has always been cancelled when a new card is made (and if not the card is abolished for bad reason). And you can still use the card to pass border control. I think its normal as it has not been deactivated. It always like that to me when I renew cards…

Did you try other browsers ? or another PC?  (it could just be a security certificate issue on the browser). If it doesnt help, what Peter mentioned is the next possiblity (current card is cancelled in the system bcos your nationality application is granted). Do you not have itsme authentication enabled ? (is it also not working ?)

@Aneesh itsme works. I tried across different browsers. And my girlfriend's ID works (she's Belgian).

I was able to open Helena through Itsme. And MyFinMin as well.

I just can't use the card.

Should they not be sending something by post?

If this is how they inform me, by cancelling my ID, it's typical Belgium 🤣

@Peterjohn123 but that's the issue. I cannot check on the website. I was trying to log into Mijn Dossier yesterday when I noticed this.

Then I tried logging into Helena, TaxOnWeb l, Traffic Fines.be but none of them would let me use my ID (saying security certificate is invalid). I was however able to use Itsme to log in.

But Itsme cannot be used for Mijn Dossier so I couldn't use it on that one.

If you live in Brussels, you have irisbox similar to mon dossier. You can extract a composition de menage or certificate de nationalite to see if your nationality changed :)

OR, visit the commune :) hehe

@Aneesh I am going to the commune now. I called. They said I have to pick up a new ID card. I asked if its Belgian, she said no. Its just another L card.

No fucking idea why.

Interesting, keep us posted please :)

Hey guys,

So I went to the commune. Its in Mechelen.

The lady read my card and said its okay. I explained that the card is okay but the security certificate on it has been cancelled. I asked if she could check my nationality status.

She checked her computer and said nationality was granted on the 15th of November. BUT, I have to wait for the letter by post. And only once I receive the letter; I can go with that to apply for the ID card.

In the meantime, she said I can continue to use my current L card. (Of course I still cannot access Mijn Dossier, but well, it is what it is).

You cannot access anymore Mijn Dossier with your card. Because they revoke it's certificate after nationality.

Happened the same to me. The commune told they need some time 1-2weeks to register me as Belgian.

Congrats, your letter will arrive soon.

Meanwhile you can access your data and nationality certificate below using Itsme: 

https://www.vlaanderen.be/uw-overheid/m … gerprofiel

@Edigj Thanks! I was able to download the certificate of nationality. :)

Hello all. Just to add my little question here haha, what if EID can be used everywhere else for login except mondossier? What could be the reason? Btw i am in the process of changing my address officially.

@ABS25 You can use the EID Viewer and confirm the status of your certificate. And best is to check with commune.

@richeekdey3 on EID viewer, everything is in order. I was just curious if online login on mondossier is diabled during address change process i.e untill change of address on pin of EID? If someone has experienced it.

@ABS25 no its not. Changing address is an update process on the information linked to the residency and it does not need to revoke/reassign the card certificate, which is used for authenticity validation.

if address is confirmed then indeed, it needs to be saved also into the residence card!