Long weekend in Lisbon

We are heading back to Portugal in mid-February for a month or so with a view to finding long term rental in the Silver Coast (maybe Figueira da foz) but we want to spend a few days exploring Lisbon on arrival before heading north. We have no lnowledge of Lisbon and would like to know which area of the City we should stay in for a short visit. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks.

Stephen and Andrea

@Sduggan77

Lisbon is a fantastic city. My personal preference (as a frequent tourist) is to stay higher up on Av. de Liberdade, as it's a quick taxi ride to the most places, or an easy 30 minute stroll down to the very busy (and tourist areas) around Praça de Comercio.

There are a wide range of hotels, both along Liberdade or around Comercio, from inexpensive, (but with small rooms and limited amenities) to very elegant hotels with spas and pools. My personal favorite is PortoBay Liberdade, which has great dining and very nice bar, with spa and pool, (or the slightly lower rated PortoBay Marquis) nearby. There are other very modern hotels also around the same area.

These are my choices, based on being a regular visitor to Lisbon on the way to my farm near Tomar looking for good locations but also convenience, but it depends on what you like doing, and without being ageist, what your 'style' is.  Having said that, Lisbon is hard not to enjoy.

Thanks William. I'll look into that.

s

We live in East Algarve. When we go to Lisbon we love "The independence suites and terraces" on the Miradoro de São Pedro de Alcantãra, top of the elevator dos Reformadores. (normal budget)

If you prefer funny hostels, there is a cute one on the place in front of the Santa Apolonia railway station, some rooms have a view on the Tejo.

Have  nice holiday.