Classic car temporary import

I understand the law changed since December 2019 about importing cars.Is there any way to import for a couple of months  just on a temporary basis.

Your car needs to be registered in your country, you can the do the required paperwork and bring it over

Your car needs to be registered in your country, you can the do the required paperwork and bring it over
-@thepcman

The question was if it's possible to import a classic car temporarily and avoid import tax, not if you can import a car. I have a hard time thinking it's possible today when you can't even bring personal stuff anymore without paying custom fees/tax. They even charge you for used stuff. This is Thailand and everything is about money.

I believe it's possible but can be extremely costly. I read that the tax is based partly

on the value of the car and can be as high as 200%

I cut from a website ...

Temporary Import of Personal Vehicle

If your vehicle (motor vehicle, motorcycle, yacht, sports boat, fishing boat…) is aiming to stay for a period of 1-2 months, but not exceeding 6 months, you will not have to pay any duty.

The necessary documents are the following:

A Special Goods Declaration and 5 copies of it

A Vehicle Registration Certificate

The international driving license, the passport and the ID card of the pilot of the vehicle

If the pilot and the owner of the vehicle are two different persons, a Letter of Attorney should be provided

The well-completed application form

A proforma invoice to testify the purchase of the vehicle

A Certificate of Legal Entity

A re-export Contract

As always I would double, triple check everything