Stay in Belgium

Hi guys if someone did a master then he found a job and got A card, after that let's say could he work for one year and then return to a student visa? or that's not possible anymore and it might be considered as interruption period later once applying for the permanent residency?

@Theking123 I would search for more information about the type of permanent residency in this forum that so many topics mentioned.

It is type B and D (now become L).

Based on that, I will know for sure which will take student years into account (hence, no interruption)

Yes I understand that i will be moving from type A to type B. But for example in France that's not possible once we are working (as expats) we cannot return student unless we go back to our country and re-apply for student visa and that's considered as interruption for the visa. For that reason i wanted to check if it is ok or not in Belgie

I am not sure about returning to a student permit after you have worked because I am guessing the one year you work will be on the search year permit?

But you should know that if you are non-EU, the years you spend as a student do NOT count towards the 5 years needed for Belgian nationality.

@dee_keem it does count actually I know some people who took the PR after 5 years of legal residence where spent two years of education