Buy property for Residence in Egypt

Hello. Does anyone know how much a property must be worth in order to get residency in Egypt by buying a property?

For more information is there a government department where I can ask or is it better to ask a lawyer?

Depends on the region, but for a 100m apartment average is about 2million egp

Hello Manduh,

It seems that owning a property in Egypt does not guarantee you a residence or visit visa. It is better that you talk to a lawyer to find out.

All the best,

Bhavna

Thanks for the replies!

So is it possible at all for non-Egyptians to buy a property in Egypt, or marrying an Egyptian is a must?

@Norce from what I know foreigners can buy a property without marrying an Egyptian

@Bhavna That's the issue here. Seems that you will not able to complete the buying process if you don't have a residency permit in Egypt in your hand, but you have to hand over the purchase price BEFORE the verification of your status. This is obviously a huge risk that if they determine that you're not allowed to purchase a property, but you will not get your money back from the seller.

@ Norce, of course you can buy property in Egypt as a foreigner..just like me and many other foreigners did and still do every year. There is a great deal of Research required, unfortunately there is not a lot of Information on the buying process online. One must also be very careful of conflicting Information. To Start with is your wants and needs, area you want to buy in ( this will have an impact on your budget), Offplan or ready to move in, property with Beach or property without Beach. This you need to consider in your budget.

You will require a good Real Estate Agent and a good Lawyer both working in your interest.

@Riria But did you have a residence permit before you bought a property, or were you able to buy (and was the property on your name) before had a residency? I am not afraid of going into the buying process, the issue is if the residency permit which is necessary to open bank accounts, etc.

@Norce

I'm purchasing my property at AlDau Hights in Hurghada. It's a new build flat. Contract is directly with Builder. I used a great agent if you need referral.

I'm coming back this summer for a month will take my contract and go open bank acct etc.

I'm in Real Estate in the states. Contract was pretty cut and dry. My friend from Hurghada read over it and told me he ran it buy his attorney. We all felt it looked good.

3 bedroom. Unrestricted views. To be finished in of 2025. 👍

I have properties in Egypt. Hurghada and Sharm el Sheikh since 2010.

Call Lawyer Tarek on *********. I trusted him and he will get things sorted without headache. Tell him Irene recommended him. I live in the UK but once you own property, you can get one year or two years visa after your arrival.

If you want to live in Egypt, you can tell the Lawyer to apply for you after you complete your purchase.

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct