Indonesian Birth Certificate

Hi! I need Indonesian birth certificate!

I am South Korean citizen and I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia in early 1990s and grew up there.

Both of my parents are South Korean and when my mom gave birth she received Indonesian birth certificate(akte kelahiran) and submitted to South Korean Embassy in Indonesia so we no longer have that anymore.

I need to get Indonesian birth certificate but because I am not Indonesian and my parents are not living in Indonesia anymore, I can't think of any way to get my birth certificate(Kate kelahiran) or Surat keterangan kelahiran

I called the hospital where I was born and asked if they could find a record but they told me that they clear records every 5 years.

What should I do? Please help me :(

If you have already had one, you're looking for a replacement .. but that might be a problem.

I'd start with the embassy - they should have returned the original and may still have it in storage.

If your parents had a certificate, contact the office where it was issued. This is well before computerisation but a lot of old records were entered. If not, the office may still be able to locate your certificate ... if you're very lucky.

If nothing is to be found, it's office to office with whatever proof you have, then possibly a court to finish the job.

If you have any other papers, look for a NIK - a number that identifies you - if you have that, your chances are greater.