Rent a flat or a house in Hoi An

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Hoi An. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Hoi An.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Hoi An?

How to find a home in Hoi An: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

In my experience the cost of renting a house in a good location in Hoi an is from 250 USD per month.Service charges electricity,gas,tv,internet extra. My landlady took care of the registration formalities.
I don't think that it is difficult to find a house for rent.
Some people I know pay 500 USD per month for family size houses.

Tom Coleman wrote:

In my experience the cost of renting a house in a good location in Hoi an is from 250 USD per month.Service charges electricity,gas,tv,internet extra. My landlady took care of the registration formalities.

Hi Tom,

Do you mind me asking how you found your rental? Do you stay there on a monthly basis?

Regards,
Tom

I got it through word-of-mouth like most things here in Hoi-An. Rentals are usually for at least 3 months.

There is a notice board in Dingo Deli on Cua Dai St , about 200m beyond the Pacific Hotel on the right,which often has useful information.The owners Gordan and Michele from Australia might have info also. Good luck.
Tom

Tom Bastian wrote:
Tom Coleman wrote:

Hi Tom,

Do you mind me asking how you found your rental? Do you stay there on a monthly basis?

Regards,
Tom

Tom is right about the price. If you dont mind I take time to recommend you (even if you stay in a month).

Regards,

Hien

Overall, it's been a very easy process compared to other cities I've tried to find short-term leases in. (South America, particularly, where nothing is posted online. Here, there are a lot of websites and people use them, and respond right away.)

I arrived in Hoi An Monday morning, and had an apartment on Tuesday afternoon (with no research prior to coming here). I looked at about 6 different apartments before choosing one, and I ended up near the beach in a 2 bed/bath for $400/month. The apartments I looked at ranged from $300 - $1,300 (for an overpriced villa - I didn't know the price until I got there).

Minimum lease here seems to be 3 months, as the landlord will have to take care of all the paperwork and licences.

I found the houses/apartments here in the classifieds, and other websites, especially helpful was hoianestate.com. A google search for "hoi an rental" returned a lot of sites, each with a few options. I also met a local at a restaurant who took me to see a few places.

Once I contacted the landlords online, most got back to me right away, and some even drove down immediately to my hotel to pick me up and take me to view them. There was some uncertainty throughout the whole process, as some landlords would change their mind after confirming a meeting. This happened with two landlords, for five properties. One landlord changed his mind again, which is the apartment I chose.

hoianhouse.com is a great website for real estate in hoi an. Prices start around $250 a month but $500 seems the range for a good 2/3 bedroom house. French Alex and his wife run it. So a English speaking  agent is a god send. He would be happy to show you some places as he did with us last time we were in hoi an.

I am looking to retire in Vietnam.  I served in the military there during the war and would very much like to retire in Hoi An. I hear the Vietnamese are so nice and looking forward to seeing more expats come to their country.

My monthly budget can afford to live in Vietnam.  Hoi An is where I want to locate myself.  Can you provide me with the rental rates for flats or even a house?  What would be the normal cost of living in Hoi An?  Is the area safe?  Are there many expats living in Hoi An?  Would I be able to live comfortably there at a $1000 a month?

Mike

Hi Mike, with 1000$ you can live good in Hoi An. Hoi An really safe, I think it's the most safety in VN, I also have some friends, they also rent flat, apart with 250$ per month. The living in hoi an not expensive.you can buy a motorbike for transport, it's will save your money

Capt. Mike wrote:

I am looking to retire in Vietnam.  I served in the military there during the war and would very much like to retire in Hoi An. I hear the Vietnamese are so nice and looking forward to seeing more expats come to their country.

My monthly budget can afford to live in Vietnam.  Hoi An is where I want to locate myself.  Can you provide me with the rental rates for flats or even a house?  What would be the normal cost of living in Hoi An?  Is the area safe?  Are there many expats living in Hoi An?  Would I be able to live comfortably there at a $1000 a month?

Mike

Just a few questions. Have you been to hoi an before? Are you moving over with a partner? What size house would you be looking for? Do you know about the drifferent areas of hoi an? 
When are you moving over?
My wife and I are moving over to hoi an for a year in early Feb. We have visited Nam 4 times and hoi an 3 times. I would recommend coming to hoi an for say a month before deciding. Just to see if you like the place. We did a fact finding mission last year and it help us to decided  we could do it. Plus $1000 a month should be ample but I don know the style of life you live.
Hoi an seems very safe but always uses your head. Google and pick peoples brains it all helps