Whv to Partner Visa

HI everyone,

I am a Norwegian citizen in Sydney with a working holiday visa.

I will like to know if it is possible to change my status from a working holiday visa to a partner visa. My partner and I have tried to do our independent research and still don't know how to go about it. Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks for your ideas in advance :)

Hello joanisdavid8,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that your thread is now on the Sydney forum. Thank you for asking such a question here.

To begin, you can read the Living in Australia guide for expats > Visas for Australia. You may find the answer in the different articles.

Have you checked with the Australian Government - Department of Home Affairs to get a clear idea of what is possible or not?

Here is their website > https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/

Best of luck,


Expat.com team

@joanisdavid8 Hello, As Cheryl suggested, it would be great to check the Department of Home Affair's website for the eligibility criteria for the partner visa. But it is my understanding that only Australian citizens and Permanent Residents can sponsor spouses for this. Is your spouse Australian? If yes, then I believe you are eligible for this visa. Please check out https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/g … er-onshore and https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/g … r-offshore for specific criteria. It's a very difficult migration pathway into Australia, and I'll recommend that you got in contact with an experience migration agent/lawyer for consultation purposes. They are quite expensive but very neccessary. Good luck