Rent a flat or a house in Ahmedabad

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Ahmedabad. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Ahmedabad.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Ahmedabad?

How to find a home in Ahmedabad: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Christine,

I am based at Ahmedabad and will try to answer some of your questions.

1. Finding an apartment/house in Ahmedabad would be very easy if you are married.

2. Since we are talking about expats here, best option would be real estate portals followed by classifieds. Finding a reliable estate agent is a problem as that sector is pretty unorganized here.

3. A 3-bedroom house would cost you between INR 12k-25k depending on the area and amenities. A 3-bedroom apartment would cost 8k-15k depending on the area and amenities. 2-bedroom apartments would go out for 6k-12k.

4. Rental documents are pretty simple. It has to be on stamp-paper and duly notarized. A copy of your passport and employment letter would suffice.

5. My advice is to check with your local colleagues and try to take them with you when you go looking for a property.

Hi ,

can you please advise on the best place to live in the Ahmedabad as I am moving with my family .

Thanks .

Lukas

I would rather suggest quikr.com for searching suitable accommodation as it is free to post ads. and you get loads of responses.

You can also try magicbricks.com and 99 acres.com . Lukas, do you have any specific requirements? Let me know. I know couple of real estate agents and might be able to help.

lukas1983 wrote:

Hi ,

can you please advise on the best place to live in the Ahmedabad as I am moving with my family .

Thanks .

Lukas

I Know a friend who is ready to provide his new flat on rent on immediate basis. Its a semi furnished 3-bhk apartment in the heart of the city. Let me know your requirements. PM me the details....

Good Luck

Hi friends go to justdial.com/ahmedabad In that you get everything whatever you want.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

[moderated: no free ad]

[Moderated : No free adverts on the forum, please register your company in our business directory ]

Single female American looking to share a flat in Ahmedabad for up to 6 months.

Would like a new, modern flat with A/C and other ammenities.  Prefer sharing with other professionals.

Please contact me at:  [email protected] (not my professional e-mail). 

I can give you all the details and would want to speak on the phone with you and do a video Skype for safety, security and validity reasons.  If I can't be in Ahmedabad..........I am open to living in New Delhi (North or South) or other cities.  I do not have a burning desire to be at any certain city.  My first choice would be Ahmedabad, though.

Thank you!