Rent a flat or a house in Salta

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Salta. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Salta.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Salta?

How to find a home in Salta: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

hi

i am looking for a house or apartment for rent in salta any suggestions of where to look please

thanks

Hello jeannieb and welcome to Expat.com!

Can i suggest you to post an ad on our Housing section, maybe this could help out!

Also, you can have a look at out Guide section where you find information about Accommodation in Argentina.

Thanks,

Francesca

Hi,
I would like to rent an apartment or a room in a house or apartment in Salta, Argentina for 5 to 6 weeks starting August 10th.
I will need wifi and secure parking for my motorcycle.
Hope full some one can point me in the right direction.
Thank you.

Hi  Amarone17,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Housing in Salta section. :)

Thank you,

David.

To rent in Salta and in Argentina in particular is a headache for an average expat. They all want a collateral in a form of another property in Argentina... makes a lot of sense, right? To be able to rent you need to own a property... Havn't seen this anywhere else. Most Argentinians ask their relatives or friends to sign a property so they can rent. Or you can prepay a 2-year rent, upfront.
I found it a lot easier to live in a hostel and pay a monthly all inclusive rent around US$200. I don't know if they would rent monthly to someone else, but I can ask. There is a space to park a motorcycle in the patio.
PM me if interested.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am interested. Please message me back.

I asked and yes, they would rent a room for $1700 pesos monthly or $500 pesos weekly, food is not included. There is a wifi, actually there are a couple. Current blue rate is 1:8.75 in Salta.
Well, let me know where are you, when are you ready to step by, I'll arrange a meeting.
Cheers

I am ready from the 23rd. As I am committed to where I am until the 23rd August.
Thank you for your help.

OK, at this moment there is space. However, since you cannot pay anything for a booking, they cannot actually book it for you. When you are in Salta, come over 24/7, it is at Alvarado 1070, between Pelligrini and Jujuy. There is a front door ramp and plenty room for your bike in the patio. The hostel is famous for hosting motorcycle travelers. The rates are as I gave them to you, should you require rent daily, it is $100 pesos.
Looking forward to meet you in person.
Cheers.