Rent a flat or a house in Pune

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Pune. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Pune.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Pune?

How to find a home in Pune: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Cristine,

I am living in Pune from quite long time so i guess i can answer your questions pretty well.

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Pune?
No, you can easily find flat or house for rent.

How to find a home in Pune: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?
you can find homes by all 3 methods i.e Newspaper Classifieds, real estate portals and real estate agencies.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?
rent depends on locality but it is nearly 15-18k INR for a 2BHK flat in decent locality.

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?
Passport is the only required document i guess.

Hi mahendra13,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this useful information. :)

I'm renting an apartment in Pune, and would love to have a room mate. The best fit would be a single female in her thirties, working in tech. Ofcourse, some deviations from perfection is acceptable!:-)

Would be fun to begin the journey together! :) Am looking for people from back home so i feel comfortable here!

Renting property is relatively simple, often with smallest regulation in rental procedures. Although it's suggested for both parties to have a rental agreement, it is still relatively common for a verbal agreement to be made after a private property viewing.

[Moderated]