"Tuk Tuk" why you rip me off ?

Does anyone think that these guys, will ever learn that it's bad practice to rip tourists off.

I have tried to offer them the same as pasapp, which is way more than the locals pay.

Then I walk off and suddenly it's Ok ! $1 not $3.

Sorry by this time it's f.ck off, I'm walking.

Sorry to moan but , this place would be so much better, without the rip offs.

Don't be cheap.

I think it would be more fun just to buy a tuk tuk

I don't really get your point. If you find PassApp cheaper, why not just use PassAPP? I use it all the time for every place in Siem Reap. I just politely ignore the freelance tuktuks. Sometimes walk to a corner but I walk some miles every day so walking is not some punishment to me.

Its not really a rip off. Many tuk tuk drivers can sit for hours waiting for a fare, and when they get one its natural they want to maximise their revenue if they can. They know that $2, $3 or $4 is not much for a foreign tourist. Back home even a short taxi trip would be at least $30 or more. These guys have to feed their family and pay their rent, so show a little kindness. Bargain for sure, its expected, but try to get a win-win for both parties. And keep smiling -its a taxi ride, not a life or death matter.

Ok, what I'm saying is, I would like to give business to the guy, parked on the corner. Local economy etc.

These guys will go hungry, if they don't offer more competitive prices.

If I'm being cheap, sorry I don't lay golden eggs.

@crispyegg2001

The solution is really simple.

I always CALL a passapp, that way you know what you will pay plus the driver gets a message on his phone at the end of the ride.

No haggling, a price system of 3000 riel for pick up and 1000 riel per kilometer.

When I lived in PP I had a fixed tuktuk, I called him and agreed the fare, never a problem.

Be proactive, not reactive!

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks, think I was just having a bad night, got frustrated over nothing worthy.

This world's no perfect, neither am I

Thanks, think I was just having a bad night, got frustrated over nothing worthy.
This world's no perfect, neither am I
-@crispyegg2001

Good man. Chin up, and soldier on.

@crispyegg2001 well you need to make sure your eggs are crispier.  Use paasapp or grab. do not offer normal tuk tuk you waive from the street, the fees of passapp and grab. it doesnt work like that and makes you look bad, and brings you undue stress. I use grab and passapp and always end up giving them $1 or $2 tip because the fee is so low or i pay with a bigger note and tell them not to worry about the change.

@crispyegg2001 your're a good bloke, enjoy cambodia for what it is

Just give them the money. It's no skin off your nose I'm sure. They are good people. Don't haggle over a couple of bucks. Just my humble opinion.

Definitely use passap. Last night I booked a passap around 11pm, fare shown as khr3400. It took a long time so I asked a tuk tuk driver who was sitting in his cab doing nothing, for same fare, he said he do it for $5. So I said "well, I can see why you just sit in your cab all night without a fare", and just waited for my passap.

Pass Apps use LPG which costs about 50c a liter, tuk tuks use normal gasoline at about $1.25 a liter. Do the math, you can't expect the same fares

What are you talking about? Passap is the ride hailing service. I call a tuktuk on passap   and the price is about 10% of what is quoted from a regular tuk tuktuk.