Rent a flat or a house in Santiago

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Santiago. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Santiago.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Santiago?

How to find a home in Santiago: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Santiago?
-> No! is very fast if you want rent an apartment there is a lot in downtown i recommend be careful with the place!

How to find a home in Santiago: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?
-> i recomend visit elrastro.cl but you must be quickly, there are some good Opportunities.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?
-> It's depends where you want rent... in Santiago centro is very cheap (i recommend Santa Isabel and Parque Bustamante), Las condes and vitacura is very expensive.

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?
-> Someone want that you show them some document from your job, the last 6 documents that you earn and you must to pay a "mes de gracia" is like a bono for damage or something like that.. that they will give you when you live the apartment.

Which advice would you give?
-> You must to ask how much cost comunity costs('Gastos comunes' ) is a pay for gardens, security,etc, depends!. and!!!... i recomend invite me to the celebration of your new house o apartment :P