Rent a flat or a house in New Delhi

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in New Delhi. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in New Delhi.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in New Delhi?

How to find a home in New Delhi: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Well I am a newcomer to Delhi but I spend the last three weeks looking for a furbished appartment with some local help.  At the end you discover is better to choose the accommodation close to the rings roads unless you don't mind spending more than an hour to reach destinations.

Decent ratio between price and quality will vary according to the location, but in an area 1 hour away from delhi centre could fetch easily 1.500 eu per month (all included) with security 24/7.  Better prices can be reached if you sign a long term leasing contract (minimum 1 year)

The documentation required is the passport which a copy will be sent to the local police station, plus 1 or 2 months security fee and one month in advance.

To find an appartment better to use the internet, so you can see some photos and decide if its worth visiting.

Alas... patience is the name of the game.. my solution? rent one appartment on a short lease (3 months) and keep searching...