Transfer between airports

Hi all, I finally sorted my internal flight tickets, sorry for all the quetions, has anyone landed in Garulhos and transferred to Virascopos. Uber has a great price but just wondering if it's a safe means of travel, it appears to be about 140kms.

09/28/22 Hi all, I finally sorted my internal flight tickets, sorry for all the quetions, has anyone landed in Garulhos and transferred to Virascopos. Uber has a great price but just wondering if it's a safe means of travel, it appears to be about 140kms.
[email protected]

Uber should be safe, but that's a hell of a transfer!  What time of day are you arriving?  How much time do you have before your ongoing flight?  Will you have much luggage?

Oi Itoby,

A few months back I took a bus from GRU to VCP.  It leaves from terminal 2, and takes about 2 1/2  hours.  It costs around $40 reais. 

@chefjim Is it a ditrect bus or does it stop a lot? also can I ask did you have luggage?

@abthree I arrive at five am  and leave viracopos at one pm the same day. Uber is 250 reais

@chefjim Is it a ditrect bus or does it stop a lot? also can I ask did you have luggage?
[email protected]

It is a direct bus from the airport to the airport, there is also a van from the airport to the airport.

rome2rio.com is a good site for all bus travel in Brazil

@ltoby955

I don't believe it does.....just a quick trip there!

@Texanbrazil Thanks I can't find it to book, agree Rome o Rio is great I use it when I travel around the world.

@chefjim many thanks for the information.

@Texanbrazil Thanks I can't find it to book, agree Rome o Rio is great I use it when I travel around the world.
[email protected]

A small tag has "book by vbtransportes.com.br"

@Texanbrazil Hi, I went there and VB want a cpf to complete the booking can you pay the driver.?

I am not sure. It was years ago. The 2nd time we used Azul's Blue bus. I believe it may be done on Azul's website. Or go to the Blue Bus area at the airport

Hi Itoby,

On the buses I take to VCP, I normally pay the driver.  Once, the driver did not have money to give me, so he waited until we arrived at the airport and went inside to ask for change!   

Hi Itoby,  Please let us know what you ended up doing for transport and the details.  I have to get to GRU from Campinas on Oct. 22nd and was planning to take the bus because I don't see many other options.  I live in Campinas and use Uber at times but the Ubers tend to be older cars with bad shocks and no airconditioning so I am a bit skeptical to take Uber myself.  I can not find a direct bus from VCP to GRU and vice versa that does detour through the city of Sao Paulo.

@Droplover as mentioned VB run buses, I'm just trying to figure out how to book, I will let you know for sure.

@chefjim Was it direct and do you have the name of the bus company?

Oi Itoby,

I believe that I took the Lira Bus, which was found in front of Terminal 2 at GRU.   I believe that I caught it at the last island upon leaving the airport.  Of course, take your luggage with a cart, and leave it on the island.  I used this service last year, and do not know if any changes have been made since, so you might want to check at the tourist information booth in GRU.  Boa sorte!

Ok thanks its always best to get it from you first hand. many thanks

Hi Itoby,  I did find a Lira bus that goes from VCP to GRU but I think it goes via the city?  The bus takes 2,5 hours and the distance is 112 km.  between VCP and GRU.  Either way it is good to know that there is a bus.  Please let me know if you find a shorter route.  Thank you!

@Droplover Will do