Conditions of social and economic integration for Belgian nationality

Hi all. I went through already available stuff about nationality applications since i have a unique question so posting. My situation is as follows:

Unlimited residence permit (card F)(one year of joint household with Belgian spouse)

5 years of legal and uninterrupted residence(4 years as non-EU student and 1 year as spouse of a Belgian)

Birth certificate original already submitted in Belgian national register

Social integration( 5 years of continuous university education > 116 ECTS successfully completed=458 uninterrupted working days

Economic participation( 452 working days but interrupted some times due to administrative delays in residence card renewals)

Kindly share your useful knowledge and personal experiences if i am eligible for Belgian nationality . Thank you.

I think you need 468 working days to get a nationality

+ student stay count as half the value... and you need 5 years of full stay (+ half your stay as a student)

@AlexFromBelgium Hi Alex. how are you? Just a quick question- I have received my D visa yesterday and it states that it's valid for Belgium. I am aware that I have to reach BE and register myself in the commune and then the police will come home and then the process starts for the RP.  But I was wondering if the D visa itself is enough if i want to visit lets say Germany before my RP comes. Would you know?

Hello,

I would recommend that you don't travel for a month the moment you start the process to register at the commune (get a loan / accommodation).

You don't want to miss the cops at home, and you never know when they'll come, but it's always a mess if you miss them several times + need appointements.

Before, as long as your visa is valid, it's ok. After, you'll have your resident permit so you don't care anymore...

Enjoy yourself :cheers:

+ student stay count as half the value... and you need 5 years of full stay (+ half your stay as a student)
-@AlexFromBelgium

Maybe to add this for everyone: they count the years you studied; they do NOT count whether you graduated or not.

Source: myself.

I did 2 masters but only finished 1, each of 2y. Yet I was able to apply at 3.5y of working.

@richeekdey3 You were able to apply for permanent residence or nationality after 3.5 y?

@ABS25 PR, yes.

Nationality: i've been here since 2014.