Citizenship Application - Original Documents

Hi all,

I submitted my Belgium citizenship application last month. During submission at commune in Brussels, the originals documents were also taken by commune. They told me that they will send the original documents back.  Anybody knows when the original documents will be sent back? Anybody had similar experience?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hello,

it takes usually around 4-6 months to have the result of the investigation, then they'll give it back.

Of course governments only accept originals and not photocopies, unless certified by a notary as copy.

What do you mean with original documents? What is an original document that you are unable to produce?

@Wila4 Can you list here all the original documents that were taken from you for processing of applicaiton?

Only Birth certificate is required original rest of the documents they will scan and return it on the same day. At least in my case. But they return the original at the completion of the day process.

I was not demanded the original birth certificate. Just a recent extract of birth certificate, less than 3 months old extract from the country of birth translated and apostilled. I would not be happy to give them my original birth certificate no matter what because if lost somewhere on the mail, then it is gone forever.

Do we still need to submit birth certificate at the time of nationality application if it is already submitted and encoded in the belgian national register?

In my case, following original documents were submitted:

birth certificate + integration certificate + language certificate

@AlexFromBelgium  Thanks for info

Interesting. I submitted my application 2 months ago. All my documents were returned to me right away.

And additionally, they gave me 2 documents: one stating that my application has been started dated for 20th July, 22. And another stating that it will take 4-6 months and estimated date is 20th January 23.

I didn't receive my original documents (Birth certificate) but I received Belgium nationality within 4 months in Brussels region.

seems everyone went through a different experience. 

anyways, congrats Jismen for your success.

cheers,