Resigning Remotely (Cancel EP)

Does anyone have experience resigning from their Malaysian company while working remotely abroad? I currently can't return to Malaysia, so I can't submit my Passport for EP cancellation.

Hello Bearsar,

Welcome to 1f601.svg

That's a good question you asked here.

I really hope that someone on this forum will be able to share his/her own experience.

And I am sure that this information will be useful to many people.


Cheryl team.

you may go to the nearest embassy/high commissioner of Malaysia to get it cancelled.

Hello Help_me,

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for your advice to Bearsar.

Feel free to browse on the Malaysia forum. If you want, you can engage in more discussions there.


Yoginee team

I don't think Malaysian Embassy will handle the cancellation. It is a employee/employer responsibility to do cancellation before end of the contract/expiry of pass if no renewal. If you cannot submit your passport for cancellation before leaving the country, the company will lodge a police report and with that will proceed to cancel in Immigration.


Ex Company need to cancel your pass.. If your EP still valid more easier to cancel. Process cancellation 1 day with complete documents. If u still at origin country, so many process need to be done.

1) Income tax clearance

2) Police report from ex company

3) Ex company need to do statutory fron commissioner of oath.

4) copy passport with visa.


Hans Network Consultancy