Cape Verde

Greetings everyone!

My name is Francisco (Frank)

just discovered the beautiful country of CV and now looking to visit, explore and if all goes well live. There. I'm American of mixed ancestry that being African American father and Spanish mother so I find it interesting I could fit in there from a cultural perspective . Currently looking at which island to get a long term residence for at least 6 months and explore the country. An area with the best internet service and access to a university setting where Portuguese is taught is ideal for me. So if any recommendations please do tell. Otherwise I'll be monitoring the conversations and dive in when appropriate. Thanks all!

Francisco

Greetings everyone!
My name is Francisco (Frank)

just discovered the beautiful country of CV and now looking to visit, explore and if all goes well live. There. I'm American of mixed ancestry that being African American father and Spanish mother so I find it interesting I could fit in there from a cultural perspective . Currently looking at which island to get a long term residence for at least 6 months and explore the country. An area with the best internet service and access to a university setting where Portuguese is taught is ideal for me. So if any recommendations please do tell. Otherwise I'll be monitoring the conversations and dive in when appropriate. Thanks all!

Francisco
[email protected]

Hi Frank,

Given your preferences, you will want to stay in the city of Palmarejo Grande on the island of Santiago. It's a suburb of the capital, Praia. There are AirBNBs, hotels and long-term apartment rentals there. There are several universities and colleges in Palmarejo Grande. It's literally at the back door of the University of Cape Verde and there are Portuguese classes being offered at the university.

There is already one American expat registered there for Portuguese classes. He's loving it. I'd be happy to introduce you to him. He may respond to your message.

As you get closer to the point of your visit, please send me a private message and we can exchange email addresses and phone numbers.

Cheers,

Angelo

Hello everyone,

Please note that advertising is not allowed on the forum.

You can advertise your apartment for rent here > Housing in Cape Verde.

Cheers,

Cheryl

expat.com team