Where to live in Australia.. and HOW!!

I am really interested in moving to Australia, I just can't choose where to go! Here's what I'm looking to do..

Save as much money as I can here, and in september get the hell out! I want to work as a bartender or waitress in the city. I enjoy indie, electro, house, progressive house... lots of music and I love to go out dancing!
The warmer the temperature the better! After working I'd like to do some backpacking and surfing.

Also, how do people just hop on a plane and then LIVE somewhere? Is it commen to find fully furnished appartments? And what about things like.. TOASTERS? Or.. bed sheets? Do you buy all that crap if you can only stay a year with the visa?
And finally, any ideas on where I could find a room mate?

Thats A LOT of questions, so thanks a million to anyone who takes the time to read it.. any info would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you are doing the working holiday visa for Australia?

It sounds like you want to be in a big city. If so, you only have a limited number of options in Oz.

Both Sydney and Melbourne will still be cool in September, so you may want to start out in Brisbane, work there for a few months, then work your way down the coast. Melbourne was my favorite city by far and in my opinion has the best culture, food and public transportation, but it also has the most finicky weather. Sydney has some of the best beaches and is a blast during the summer. It's also the most expensive city to live in. Research the major cities a little to find out what you want.

And you should have no problem finding furnished places in the city. I had an apartment in Sydney that had beds, sheets, kitchen appliances, dishes/pots/pans, etc. So no need to buy any of that stuff. There are a ton of them for rent. Make sure to check out gumtree.com. Some hostels offer long-term rates, so you might want to kept that option open.

Good luck.

Hello

I would highly recommend that you move to oz! I moved a year and a half ago and it was the best thing ever, it was really easy to make friends if you stay in a backpackers, If you go to base backpackers in Sydney, Melbourne that have a floor just for ladies to stay in so you are insured that you are just staying with girls!

Aloha!
I am also moving to Australia. I'll be coming on a independent skilled migration visa subclass 175. I would say live on the North Coast or Gold Coast...they are awesome! great weather and surf!