Louer un appartement ou une maison au Massachussets

Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

Bien se loger est une des premières préoccupations lorsque l'on s'installe au Massachussets. Votre expérience peut beaucoup  aider celles et ceux qui souhaitent s'installer au Massachussets.

Aussi, nous avons préparé une petite liste de questions :

Est-il facile de trouver un appartement ou une maison à louer au Massachussets ?

Comment trouver un logement au Massachussets ? Petites annonces, sites internet, agences immobilières, bouche à oreille ?

Combien coûte le loyer pour une maison, un appartement?

Quelles sont les formalités et documents à fournir pour pouvoir louer ?

Quels sont les pièges à éviter ?

Quels conseils donneriez-vous ?

Merci d'avance pour votre participation :)

je cherche moi-même des conseils pour trouver un logement. Avez-vous de bonnes agences à conseiller? des sites web? quels sont les prix des locations?
merci

Hi,

Prices in Massachusettes depend on where you wish to live.

In Suburbs:

1) A house {say 2000 sq. ft. - average} is going to cost upwards of $1500/month, depending on location {can be much much more}
2) An apartment will run around $700 for a 1 bedroom, $900 for 2 bedroom depending on location and desired quality level, age of complex, etc. These normally do not include furniture like beds, couches, etc. Just kitchen appliances.

Websites can be found for various apartment communities and real estate companies help you to find a house. Once you decide on an area, a google search will help you find an agency or agent.

3) Contracts are written for the apartment or house. These vary depending on agency or community.
a) All will expect some form of acceptable ID.
b) A credit check {most important item}
c} Proof of income {second most important}

The rest of the contract is details about the rental terms, default terms, etc. Late payment fees, etc.

If you are relocating due to business the company you are going to work for will arrange an apartment or house for you.

If you are just moving there to move there, then you may run in to difficulties in regards to the Credit Check. This is a computerized search for all previous rentals, credit history, etc. and is based on US information as far as I know.

If that is a problem you could look in to a long term rental at a Hotel or Motel specializing in long term rentals. They require a credit card only as well as a valid form of ID {Passport/Driver's License}. Rates at these long term rooms are maybe $20-30 a day, but do not have a kitchen to speak of and usually only one room {a Studio}. Comfortable for a month or so, longer if you had no otehr choice.

P.S. Many apartments/houses owners ask for references of previous rental owners.

If you know a location, I can help guide you to a web site or agency.

Bonjour melouchat et bienvenue sur Expat.com! :)

J'espère que vous aurez des informations prochainement.

En attendant, cet article pourrait aider : Se loger aux États-Unis.

---------------------------------------------------

Bonjour wjsd_kyiv -> Merci pour ces informations mais pourriez-vous poster en français sur ce forum Francophone afin que tout le monde puisse comprendre? ;)

Merci,
Aurélie

You want actual information from an American, but want me to write in French? Seems to be not a real expectation. I'll just not post from now on.

wjsd_kyiv a écrit:

You want actual information from an American, but want me to write in French? Seems to be not a real expectation. I'll just not post from now on.

Dude, chill out. You are in the French section of the forum. As in: "Forum > Vivre en Amérique du Nord > Etats Unis > Massachussets > Logement > Louer un appartement ou une maison au Massachussets".

You're welcome to post in English in the English forums (click on the English speaking flag on the upper-right corner of your screen). My point is that you reply to a French post, with a French title, in the French speaking forum, from someone living in France (Paris), so the assumption is that you speak french, right? Otherwise, how can you reply.

Aurelie nicely pointed out that you're in the French section and that per the forum rules, you should post in French there. Same rule for the English posts in the English forums, Spanish posts in the Spanish forums and Italian posts in the Italian forums.

Take it easy, man. Open a cold one... ;)

Merci English2Francais :)

Merci, ça y est noys avons emménagé.  Les annonces de journaux, sites web et aussi le fait d'être sur place nous a permis de trouver un nid douillet.
A savoir: nous avons visité quelques logements.  Certains pas cher du tout mais dans des quartiers glauques, d'autres pas en super état ou pas du tout pratiques. Moralité,  se renseigner sur le quartier avant toute chose et visiter, visiter, visiter!
C'est déjà dur d'être loin des siens alors je conseille de prendre soin de trouver un logement agréable.
On nous a demandé 3 mois d'avance car mon compagnon ne vivait plus aux USA depuis 10 ans... à prévoir dans le budget! Et il faut remplir un formulaire à chaque fois.